Paris hotels with larger rooms?

Old Mar 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Paris hotels with larger rooms?

Hi, does anyone know of any low to mid-priced hotels preferable in the 6th arrondissement or in the vicinity, that has relatively larger rooms? We will be 3 in a room, need it for 2 nights, May 13-15.. I do have a booking for the junior suite at Le Clement but even though it is 2 rooms, each room seems extremely small and I am afraid we will not be happy. I would rather be in one triple room as long as it is spacious. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 11:40 AM

The only two I could recommend in the 6th is, alas, not in your budget range: Le Madison. The front rooms on the corner have a king-sized bed plus a day bed, and the rooms are spacious.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 11:41 AM

The preview button went too fast--I'm (obviously) recommending only one hotel. The other I could think of is in the 1st, just the Place Vendôme: the mansart.

You might have a look at the Brighton.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM

My mom, sister and I stayed in a triple at the Hotel Bonaparte (recommended here by Ira to many) in April of 2007. It was a great room, plenty of room for the three of us. We enjoyed our stay and it was a wonderful location. Good luck!
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM

You could take a look at the junior suite at Hotel Louis II. I do feel like you must understand that the hotel rooms are always much smaller than you might see in the US. Do yourself a favor by limiting the size and amount of luggage you take to avoid taking up floor space in your room. You need to expect less room. You probably won't spend a lot of time in the room, so try to manage. The sixth can be pricy so expecting to find a large room and an inexpensive room may be unrealistic.

You will be in Paris, so don't let the room dictate your mood!
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks denisea, I do realize that & am trying to prepare myself for it! Just wanted to maybe splurge a little since it will be our last 2 nights of the trip & find a better room/hotel. I don't mind extending my budget & going up to 300 euros per night but would like something nice.
I was perfectly happy with Hotel Le Clement even though I knew the additional room with the third bed was tiny but just found out that the double room is only 10 sq m & I feel that may be a little TOO small!
The only other triple I have found that may fit the bill is at Hotel Henri4 Rive Gauche, Their triple room costs 230 euros & the hotel has good reviews. Anyone want to give their opinion on which one (Le Clement or Hotel Henri) would be a better choice?
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 01:18 AM

We have always had a large room at the Danube on Rue Jacob but I doubt they would allow 3 people in it. THe do have rooms for 4 people that are 2 rooms with the bath in between but the rooms themselves are small.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 05:07 AM

If you want a really big room, you might want to try Suite Novotel, which can sleep up to 4 people and which also has a microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker -- unfortunately, they are all on the edge of the city rather than in the center, but they are great value for money.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

I think I will just decide between Le Clement & Henri Rive Gauche, can anyone provide their opinions? Thanks!
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 09:49 AM

The Louis II on St Sulpice has a lovely attic room that we have stayed in three times.
I believe we had two kids and three adults in there once.
Great location.
Stayed at The Clement but had just a standard room.