child friendly hotels in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before anyone yells at me, I did a search and the posts asking similar questions are all over a year old so I want to double check.

That being said, we'll be travelling to Paris with our then 20 month old daughter in late October for a few days before moving on to relatives in Sicily. We're looking for accommodations that will be in a good location, preferably in the 5th, 6th or 7th in a good walking location, someone budget minded. We've stayed at the Hotel Familia and similar hotels in the past but never with a toddler so I'd like to get people's impressions of places they've stayed with their children. Thanks.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

anyone?
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM

I think the only requirement in any hotel is that the child does not cry all night and keep other guests awake.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:40 AM

Try Hotel la Fleurie in the 6th. It's a lovely, small hotel in a great location and is especially accomodating to young families.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:43 AM

Hi,

Here's two worth a look. I've stayed at both - without kids - but talked to the manager about kid-friendly rooms and facilities in case of a future visits with my 2 small sons.

Holiday Inn Paris Republique - Normally, I would not recommend an American chain hotel in Paris, but I stayed here in Feb. and was really impressed. This is an upscale Holiday Inn - more like a Crowne plaza in the US. The rooms are huge (a child has room to move, unlike many Parisian hotels) - many room have two queen beds in the room - great for sharing with kids. Kids eat free. Mini-fridges in rooms to store milk, juice, etc. Nice bathroom and amenities for parents, too - pillow menu, upscale toiletries, etc.

They also have a family suite - separate bedroom for parents and a pirate theme bunk - bed room for the children! If you request it, you can also use a " family room" - complementary small suite with couch and bathroom facilities to hang out in until your room is ready for check-in - I was told that this is very popular with parents/w small children to give them a chance to "relax/change", etc. after a long flight.

The Republique area is off the beaten tourist track in the 11th, but the metro there rocks! It's a huge line ( six connections I think) where you can zoom anywhere in Paris in a short time without changing trains. The entrance to the metro is a few feet outside of the hotel. Also, across from the hotel is a merry-go-round, and crepe stand that your 20-month old will love! There is also a park perfect for small children a couple of blocks away at the Square du Temple.

Residence des Arts - In the heart of St. Germain des Pres (6e), the location of this hotel can't be beat - within walking to the Notre Dame, Seine, Louvre, and the Latin Quarter. Boutique hotels in this area are notoriously small, but the Residence des Arts contains many suites, with mini-kichenettes, that have room for a toddler to wander. I think that the junior suite has a US King in one room, and a twin bed in a separate room. The art-deco room decor is beautiful - check out their website for pictures. For parks, the sandbox and playground on the side of the Notre Dame can't be beat for a 20 month old.

At both hotels, I think the rates flunctuate pretty wildly between seasons, so try booking online in advance to get the best deal.

Have a wonderful trip. Your daughter will LOVE Paris! - C
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

keneda, your response is precisely why so many people become exasperated by this board!

Thanks Weadles and Parisescapes, I'll look into those hotels.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 11:45 AM

We stayed with kids year after year for 18 years at both the Hôtel Duquesne and the Hôtel de France in the 7th. Never had a problem being there with kids.

Now my kids are booking there on their own!
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

anyone else?
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:44 AM
ira

Hi SW,

>someone budget minded.

What's the budget?

Old Apr 9th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Hi Ira, I should have posted that before, we'd like to stay under $200 a night.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 09:46 AM

Have you thought of checking out The Citadines apartments? There is one Citadines in the 6th that is very nicely located.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM
ira

Hi SW,

We always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. From 124E dbl w/bkfst. It is located near 3 metro stops. Has AC and an elevator.

They will put a crib in your room (extra fee) or you can get a triple.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search this forum" box.

Photos are at http://tinyurl.com/ludgd