Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Familiar with Marozzi bus from Sorrento to Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are trying to read the schedule from Sorrento to Rome on the Marozzi bus line Marozzi.it, but due to Italian language, we can't be sure there still is such a busline. We read about it on an old Rick Steves forum. Has anyone had experiences with this bus?

We're hoping to avoid Circumvesuviana train ride.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 12:42 PM

I speak Italian and read through the Marozzi.it website. They market various sundry goods to industry and private individuals out of their store in Rome. They are more like a glorified Lowes or Home Depot warehouse in terms of the products they offer. I did not read anywhere that they operate a bus service line to/from Sorrento-Rome. Perhaps it is another name or operated by another company?

I am not sure why you want to avoid the Circumvesuviana train ride...I go to Sorrento frequently and have always been ok taking the train down from Rome to Napoli Centrale Station (with my small child too!). From there you just go down one floor to catch the very frequent, convenient Circumvesuviana train right to the center of Sorrento.

If the thought of taking a train(s) does not appeal to you at all, then perhaps you can contact 'Curreri Viaggi' http://www.curreriviaggi.it and send them an email ([email protected]) to find about transportation options. They offer car pick-ups in the Naples/Amalfi Coast towns and environs and might be able to come up to Rome to pick you up.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 12:49 PM

When you get to Sorrento ask at the travel agency on the main road about the bus to Rome. They leave from the main square and take you to the bus depot in Rome which is not right in the middle of the tourist part of town.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 01:05 AM

Cmc - When are you going? The Marozzi website currently shows one departure daily from Sorrento:

Dep 06.00 Sorrento (Piazza Tasso)
Arr 09.45 Roma Tiburtina

http://www.marozzivt.it/

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 03:49 AM

P.S Huitres - I think you must have found another Marozzi

Steve
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 05:17 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I've used the Marozzi bus from Sorrento to Rome. In the past, it only operated June through September. The schedule is usually a little different on weekends than it is on weekdays. It left very early from Piazza Tasso (6 or 6:30)in Sorrento and made one or two very brief pickup stops between Sorrento and getting on the autostrada near Naples. It arrives Rome at Tiburtina station. From there you can catch the metro or a bus. The price 2 years ago was 15.50 E. I'll see if I can locate a schedule.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 12:14 PM

Hi Steve - indeed I looked at the link cmcbride provided and that is what it pulled up. Perhaps that is the reason he/she didn't find any bus information either!? Looks like it needed that "vt" added to the internet address. Glad that you and the others knew the correct Marozzi!