Expedia Bargain Fares

Search

Expedia Bargain Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expedia Bargain Fares

Has anyone tried the "bargain fares" on Expedia? Flights are offered at a significant discount, but you have to be flexible with flight times and airlines. I'm hesitant to purchase a flight without knowing this info, so was wondering if anyone has an experience they can share?
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:53 PM

I've been curious myself, but have been put off by the thoughts of worst case scenarios--flights leaving or arriving at 3am, and/or flights with LONG layovers
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:57 PM

Ask Expedia what the maximum layover time is (or maybe it's on the site). Then take a look at all possible scheduled flights for your itinerary. You'll be able to determine if there are any really nasty options in the lost.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:58 PM

"In the lost" should be "in the lot."
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:04 PM

Hi,
I purchased two expedia bargin fares from Boston to Paris last winter for travel in late June and return in July. The fare was $500 a piece. I was nervous, thinking they would send us to Detroit at noon to get a flight out at 9. Anyway we got a direct flight on AA from Boston to Paris and back. If you click on further information it will state how many connections. Recently the one to Paris from Boston say 0-1 connections. I was prepared to leave early in the a.m. to make a connection, because all the other fares were 300-400 dollars more per ticket. You know that most european flights leave at night from the east coast. If it is a great savings take a leap of faith.
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, yipper, your experience is encouraging. I think I will take the chance, especially since flights to Europe are so expensive now.