EuropebyCar?

Apr 25th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

EuropebyCar?

Has anyone rented from Europe by Car. Them seem to be the best price yet. I have also heard it is better to rent a diesel to get cheaper and better milage. Does anyone have any experience with that?
Thanks,
Denise

Apr 25th, 2003, 01:15 PM

I've rented from Europe by Car with no problems. When leasing a car, diesels are more expensive than cars running on gas. I believe that the break even point is around 3000 miles, others may disagree. I do not know if there is a price differential on rentals.
Apr 25th, 2003, 02:35 PM

I rented a car through them a couple of years ago out of the Frankfurt airport. You're right - they're rates were low. I had no problems. As I recall, it was a National Car Rental vehicle.
Apr 25th, 2003, 04:58 PM

I used them a few years ago. Had a good experience.
Apr 25th, 2003, 06:35 PM

We use AutoFrance for leasing new Peugeots, a similar plan to Europe by Car's Renaults. WE have leased diesels and were glad we did. We got about 50 miles (not KMs) to the gallon of diesel and paid a whole lot less for diesel than for regular gas. I'm not sure of the total math described by Michael, but it sure seemed good to us, and I don't remember much of a difference in leasing a diesel as opposed to leasing a gas car.
Apr 25th, 2003, 09:43 PM

We've rented, not leased, from Auto Europe, and on our last trip had a VW Golf with a diesel engine. The rental cost was the same as for a non-diesel, but diesel fuel was much less expensive, and we got about 50 mi/gal, as Patrick reported above. We'll definitely request a diesel next time.