Search

sixt car rental

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sixt car rental

anyone use SIXT car rental before in Europe, problem is I live in Chicago, IL at they do not have a contact number in USA
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 06:50 PM

We used them in Switzerland a few years ago. No problems. They are a legitimate agency. I've since become an Auto Europe fan, however.
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 07:07 PM

We did an AutoEurope rental in Turkey for a couple of weeks, and it ended up being with Sixt, picking up in Keyseri. We got an old car that heated up within the first 50 miles. We pulled into a service station where they spoke no English and after a long time convinced them to call the agency in Keyseri. They ended up bringing us out a new car.
Like most other agencies, we got a better price from Sixt by booking through AutoEurope than we could be booking direct with Sixt.
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 07:08 PM

Sixt has a web site: www.sixt.com/
I used the agency in Munich from the train station (main one). Very good car, good desk man who spoke fine English, creepy pick up, frustrating return.

The pickup was in a dark garage upstairs over a vacant lot at night.
The return was down in a sunken garage under a building with an entrance ramp off of an alley way secluded behind tall buildings and tougher than $$#$% to find at night. A car transport truck was unloading vehicles on the ramp. We could not get down to return he car; the guys down stairs would not come up to get the car. So we ended up sitting there fussing. Fortunately, one of us could speak fluent German and finally someone moved a car and we drove down the ramp.
Getting the car in that dark, deserted parking deck gave me the "willies" - what ever they are. We ultimately found the car by pressing the door opener device on the car key set. The car finally responded after several tries by beeping and flashing the lights even though it was some distance away from where we were. (For obvious reasons we did not fan out to search for it. I think all 3 of us felt uneasy.) Otherwise, we would have been there a long time prowling around hunting for it.

Old Feb 27th, 2004, 07:29 PM

We used them last summer in Frankfurt. We were cheap and took the train from the airport into downtown to pick the car up because it was significantly cheaper. It was more time consuming than we had anticipated (trains didn't run as frequently as we had throught they would) and don't think we would do that again. Other than that, the rental was fine. Also, a few years ago AutoEurope fixed us up with a Sixt rental.
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 02:46 PM

we tried to use that sixt 3 years ago but found out that for europe europe rental car is more convenient and cheaper