Eiffel tower tickets question

Aug 30th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Eiffel tower tickets question

When you buy a ticket for the Eiffel tower at the tower, can that ticket be used any time that day? Can I buy a ticket on Monday, for example, and use it on Tuesday? I know I can buy tickets on line but they are sold out for the days i will be there. Thank you for your help
Aug 30th, 2013, 09:07 AM

I don't think so but I bought mine online ahead of going to Paris. They reserve you a time in order to manage the load in the elevators. There were people who just walked up and bought tickets but I don't know when they were able to get on. With the option of buying tickets online, it will limit the people walking up to buy tickets. I would attempt to narrow it down and get tickets for that time frame.

http://ticket.toureiffel.fr/index-cs...-pg1-lgen.html
Aug 30th, 2013, 09:08 AM

All the information you need about advanced tickets is on the Eiffel Tower web site.

"Please make sure that you turn up at the time you booked. If you’re late, you may not be allowed in."

"The electronic ticket – which you can print out at home or save on your mobile ‘phone – means that on the date and the time you’ve chosen, you can go straight to the queues for people with tickets. "
Aug 30th, 2013, 10:04 AM

There would be no point to them selling timed tickets if it didn't mean anything, that's the bottom line. They do that for a reason, to regulate the number of people there at a certain time.
Aug 30th, 2013, 04:04 PM

I looked for months on line to purchase tickets to the tower but everything was sold out for my week in Paris. Just by chance, I looked again a week before my Paris visit and found six tickets for a Friday at 12:30 p.m. This was the only time available for the entire week. Purchased the tickets on line and when I arrived in Paris went to the Paris Perfect office and had the tickets printed for me. The website said I needed printed tickets. My phone confirmation would not be enough.

There is a special line for those with specific time tickets. No waiting at all. The tickets were only to second floor. Everyone in my group seemed happy with that. The line to the top was very long. I don't know if you can buy a ticket to the top on line.

Personally, I have been to the top and prefer the view from the second level better. On the way up we stopped at the restaurant on the first level to let anyone off who had lunch reservations.

Be sure to keep checking for tickets if all the times are full. I have no idea why they opened up a time but was happy they did.
Aug 30th, 2013, 06:41 PM

For goodness' sake, the OP is asking about tickets purchased at the tower.

I don't know the answer, but I do understand the question!
Aug 30th, 2013, 06:55 PM

That wouldn't make sense to me to go to the Eiffel Tower, buy tickets, leave, and spend time to come back another day or time. Once you've bought the tickets and you're at the Eiffel Tower, why not stay and visit.

Since you're going to the ET anyway, just ask when you get there.

I doubt you can use the ticket another day.