Reload this Page >

Early flight out of Venice- help!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:43 AM
prepster

Has anyone used transportation services to the san marco airport early (around 4 a.m.) Will the water taxis run then and how do we make a reservation?? Thanks

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Carolyn

No problem. Many flights leave at 7:00am. Ask your hotel to schedule one for you. The fees are set and there is a small surcharge for an early am pickup.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Deb

Each time I have left venice it is on an early flight and have used the vaparetto from St. Marks that leaves at 4:30 am. You can either buy your ticket the day before or just pay them when you are on the boat. Of course, verify that the times are still correct by walking over to the vaparetto stand the day before.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 09:30 AM
dean

The service you are looking for is called the Alilaguna. We ahve used it to make a 7am flight. A water taxi is much faster and more romantic but there was not much light when we left so I don't think that scenic was an issue. Faster might have been as we were on 4 hours sleep to make the Alilaguna.<BR><BR>The Alilaguna was about 9 euro vs about 70 for a water taxi

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Rex

Not to make you a worrywart, but you should maybe be aware that on some occasions, the lagoon is fogged in, and water taxi transport to the airport is affected. In these circumstances, you can typically still get to the airport by getting to the train station where bus or (land) taxi can get you by road to the airport.<BR><BR>If you believe in Murhphy's law (and if the consequences of missing your flight are great) I'd simply call the front desk of your hotel when your alarm clock goes off - - and see if they think you need to do something like this.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>