Departure from Venice

Old Jul 31st, 2004, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Departure from Venice

we will be departing Venice on an early flight on 9/26 at 7:15am. The hotel suggests a private taxi at a cost of 90.00Euros. Is there a cheaper way and still insure arriving at Marco Airport in time to check in for our flight. Our hotel is right by the Rialto Bridge. Thanks in advance for your help. Jack Conley
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 03:16 PM

Jack: Beleive it or not, I have a 6:15 flight out on the 28th of September, so I look forward to replies!
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 03:42 PM

I have to advise both of you to SPLURGE on the water taxi. YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

If you go any other way at this hour of the morning you can forget about getting any sleep the night before. All services at 5 AM are very slow. Also, you really don't need to get to the airport 2 hours before take-off at this time of day. You'll be lucky if the check-in personnel get there on time. 90 minutes will allow you plenty of time.

You may want to keep your ears to the ground and maybe you'll meet someone who will want to share that water taxi with you to reduce the cost. It's very common to meet people on your outbound flight who actually are returning on your flight home. You never know. Good luck.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 03:43 PM

Check out the Alilaguna Website. There is a boat service that goes to the Airport from San Marco, but I am not sure about the Railto area. I have takean a water taxi for those early morning flights because I didn't want to take a chance and $90 is pretty much the going rate. Hope you have a good trip.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 05:54 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
As the risk of stating the obvious, I always take the recommendation of my hotel front desk. It's their business to help their clientele for a successful trip. Short of that of course is the option of staying at/near the airport the last night.
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 06:31 AM
Fairhope

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/...rport_boat.htm Maybe this will help