Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Albergo Pomezia, Lunetta, or Abruzzi in Rome

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Vita

I was thinking of staying at one of these three hotels located in the historic center of Rome. Has anyone stayed at any of these?

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Jen

I stayed at the Lunetta in March 2001 on the recommendation of someone who had enjoyed their stay. Unfortunately, I did not have as pleasant an experience as they'd had.

Mostly it was the noise--not from the street, but from the rowdy college kids who (I found out later) were living there for a quarter of architecture classes. I was awoken at 3AM, more than once, by drunken students who were convinced my room was their room. I've since been told that this kind of thing is to be expected in the more economical hotels around the Campo de' Fiori--apparently it's a popular area for visiting college kids.

Aside from that annoyance, there was one other distasteful aspect that is difficult to put delicately, but I'll try... With the room window open, I could hear--coming from the other rooms--the normal, though unrefined, sounds that human beings make when "getting down to business" in the bathroom. There's something about the layout of the hotel that efficiently facilitates the travel of undesirable sounds. As was also the case with the snoring (from another room) that put an end to many a siesta of mine. But who wants to spend their time in Rome napping anyway?

Aside from the noise, I found the maids to be sweet and accommodating if I needed an extra towel, etc. The older man and woman at the desk (whom I believe are the owners) seemed a little surly at first, but warmed up and were helpful in getting me a driver to the airport and making sure I woke up on time.

As for the room itself, it was basic: small bed, phone, no TV. I had one with a bathroom; however, I believe some of the rooms require guests to share a hall bathroom.

That's about all I can think of to tell you. And let me reiterate that the person who recommended the Lunetta to me had none of these cacophonic experiences. So I guess, when you boil down this ramble, what I’m saying is: If you do choose the Lunetta, take your ear plugs, just in case.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Vita

ttt

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Vita

ttt

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Vita

Thought I'd try again.