Reload this Page >

Best Rome hotel for family of 4

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:46 PM
susie

I have researched this extensively but have not found many recommendations on the best hotels for a FAMILY(2A/2C) in the budget to moderate category. I am looking for a hotel in the old part of Rome that has clean rooms/suites and a good breakfast. I want some charm and a good location. Which hotel comes closest to giving us those things in moderate price category? We will be traveling in June 2002. Please help, family travellers. Thanks.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 03:54 AM
Lando

Susie,<BR>your solution is, in my opinion, MARGUTTA, a hotel nearby Piazza di Spagna.<BR>Have a nice travel.<BR>

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Maria

Have you looked into Bed and Breakfasts as an option? There are many in the heart of Rome at very good prices.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Jan

My parents stayed at Hotel Modigliani near the Spanish Steps. They have family suites at about $150. Small Hotel with an unimposing exterior but great service, nicely decorated and extremely clean. They are on the internet.<BR>Have fun!<BR>jan

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Leslie

We stayed at a highly recommended (by Fodors and this forum) 3 * in a great location near the Pantheon called Albergo Santa Chiara. Room 102 is close to being a two room suite in that has a small room with two twin-sized beds (sofa beds actually) and then a separate room w/ a large queen (or king?) sized bed with a door. The TV, small frig, wet bar, and bath all connect to the front room. This made is possibly for the kids to get up early, use the bathroom, get some juice from the frig, watch TV, while mom and dad still slept.<BR><BR>The buffet breakfast was also great. I think we paid about $220 per night last April.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 02:16 PM
MIGUEL

I'd have to agree with the other person who recommended the Hotel Margutta (PIAZZA DE SOAGNA AREA)! I've stayed there on two occasions and it would get an A plus grade for price and location. The rooms are small and the owner requires a local currency check sent to confirm reservation.