Reload this Page >

early am taxis in London

Search

early am taxis in London

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:20 PM
Jan

early am taxis in London

Hello everyone: Does anyone know how difficult it would be to get a cab in the vicinity of Gloucester Rd Tube station at around 4:30 in the am? Should we try to reserve one or go out on Cromwell or Gloucester and try to hail one?<BR><BR>We have to catch an early a.m. Eurostar and I guess the underground doesn't run that early. Any ideas on buses? Thanks much,<BR><BR>Jan<BR><BR>

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:22 PM
Jan

Sorry, I should have said we will have no luggage and this will be on a Saturday morning. <BR><BR>Jan

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:20 AM
sharon

At that time of the morning, you would have to book a cab, thats a more residential area of SW London and I doubt that cabs would be available from the street.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:12 AM
Patrick

Once again I'll put in a plug for Swiss Cottage Cars, a &quot;mini-car service&quot; cheaper than a taxi and easy to prebook. Just call 207-431-2700. Of course there are a lot of other such services as well.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:24 AM
Nick

I would certainly think Cromwell Rd would not be a problem hailing one at that time - it is not exactly suburban, but why not reserve simply to avoid any hassle and go with a recommended mini cab to cut the cost a bit as suggested.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:21 AM
ron

I know minicabs save you money when travelling to or from airports, but how much is Jan going to save going to Waterloo station to catch the Eurostar?<BR><BR>Jan, if you wanted to take the bus, the N97 night bus will take you to Trafalgar Square (&lt;20 min). From there it is about a 15 minute walk through Charing Cross station and across the Hungerford Bridge to Waterloo.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:07 AM
Vic

I live in London (but am a Kiwi) and from Richmond (way out in Zone 4) to Waterloo at that time of the morning it cost me about &pound;24 - I can't imagine a minicab driver would charge you more than &pound;12-15 from Gloucester Road, are you staying with friends or at a hotel? Minicab (a reputable one) will be less stress than Night Bus - although depends on your budget!

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:21 PM
Jan

thanks so much everyone - a cab it is! Have a wonderful holiday everyone!<BR><BR>Jan