Dublin Dinner Shows

Search

Dublin Dinner Shows

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dublin Dinner Shows

I have heard the names of 4 establishments offering a dinner and musical show combination:
1-Irish House Party
2-Merry Ploughboys Pub
3-Abbey Tavern
4-Johnny Foxes

Is one preferable to the others? Is one more easily accessible to Dublin proper than the others? (We won't have a car in Dublin.) Is there yet a better venue I haven't heard about?

Thanks so much for any input. I value your opinions and advice.
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 08:24 AM

I am from Dublin and the only one of those that I've heard of is Johnny Foxes - it would be by far the most famous. However it's also the most inaccessible if you don't have a car - you would probably need to get a taxi! I haven't been to their show but have heard lots of good reports. I have been to the pub though and eaten there and I would definitely recommend it.

Out of those, the easiest to get to would be the Irish House Party - it's just at the end of Baggot Street so is walking distance to the city centre or a short taxi ride. However I can't vouch for the show or the food.

One that I have been to is Taylors Three Rock which was good, but if it was me I would go for Johnny Foxes.
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate this information. I know a lot of tour groups do Merry Ploughboys Pub and Abbey Tavern.

How far is Johnny Foxes from center of Dublin? How long would it take to get there? Approximate taxi cost?

Enjoy a grand weekend!
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:27 AM

Sorry for the delayed response! Johnny Foxes is about a 30 minute drive from the city centre (about 20kms).It would probably cost about €20 in a taxi.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:34 AM

i would reccomend the st. john oliver gogarty's in temple bar. great oysters, salmon and music. easy to get to and temple bar is a nice area to wander, sort of like the east village in nyc.