Driving from Biarritz to Barcelona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently our plan is to drive from Biarritz to St Jean Pied de Port and spend the day there and sleep in Pau for 2 nights and on our next day take a day trip to Gavarnie. We will then head for Barcelona but want to make at stop along the way. Would you stop in Andorra la Vella or drive to Zaragoza? We would like suggestions for the the entire route. The only place we are committed to staying is Pau. We went to school there one summer many years ago and my grandfather grew up around Tarbes. Thank you.
Old Nov 7th, 2016, 04:09 PM
kja

If you haven't already done so, you might want to consult the <i>Michelin Green Guide</i>.

For one option along the way: I was particularly fond of Taull.
Old Nov 7th, 2016, 04:39 PM

You also might want to investigate what it's going to cost you to rent a car in France and drop it it off in Spain. Sounds dreamy, but the costs are considerable for a drop-off in another country. Someone has to drive that car back to France, and you're going to pay for it.
Old Nov 7th, 2016, 10:58 PM

There is no easy road to follow from Gavarnie to either Zaragoza or Andorra la Vella.

Depending on the time of year, if you really want to head to Andorra la Vella, you can spend the night in Viella before heading to Andora. The Val d'Aran is quite beautiful anytime of the year and even worth spending a few days (www.visitvaldaran.com). Taüll is about an hour's drive south of Viella, and worth a stop.

The drive to Zaragoza would be a little shorter.