Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Down to 5 Paris Hotels -- help me choose!!

Apr 30th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Okay, here's where we are to date. Note Aubusson, L'Abbaye are booked!

Le Placide -- executive room 23 square meters on 5th floor with small terrace, 370 Euros a night, no breakfast.

L'Hotel -- Deluxe room 640 Euros a night. 3 friends have told me this is worth a splurge -- is it??

Esprit St. Germain
Three Luxurious Nights in Paris : for 1 or 2 persons, continental breakfasts included and round trip transfer offered from the airport or the train station

Deluxe room (one above superior) 1480 Euros. Like the free bar here too and lounge to hang out in!

Hotel du Petite Moulin Executive room (almost the largest) 300 Euro a night, breakfast extra at 15euro.

Help!! Merci!
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:52 AM

Wow, four very expensive places how can you go wrong,, ?
Have you read the reviews on them??
I always read hotel reveiws, you can just google the hotel name and the word reveiw and find various sites, or you can go to tripadvisor.com and read the reader reveiws there.
Personally I would choose the best location and the cheapest room of your choices.The cheapest place is still going to be nice, and you can spend the extra money on some nice meals, or send it along to me,, since you apparently have too much., LOL
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Hi Bozama,

Yes, I've read all the reviews and it justs makes it harder! Is the location in Maris of Hotel du Petit Moulin nice? The rooms are cheaper, funky but location a bit less desireable than St. Germain?

Will keep you posted -- have you been to any of them?
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:03 AM

No I haven't been to any of them I have never spent more then 250 euros on a room.
I am unfortunately very attached to the 6th arr. which probaly is not such a good thing to be as I miss out in other ways, but, I have stayed in 1st, 4th , 5th and 8th before and now I basically stay in 6th, I like feeling like I sort of know my way around.

I will recommend one hotel for fab views, if you are able to obtain a Tuilleries View room. The Hotel Brighton. I loved my room there, the view was incredible, you could watch the ET twinkle at night from two small balconies,,but, I was not wild on the 1st arrondissmont, too quiet at night for me.
Now perhaps I have only made things worse, LOL
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:10 AM

Wow, Lulubelle!

That's pretty awesome. Im soooo jealous you can afford to spend that much for a hotel each night? I can't even afford to spend 150Euros/night! That's why our family skipped Paris this year.

Really jealous..... I wish I could afford to do something like that someday.

Apr 30th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Ha! We have three small kids and don't get to vacation very much. I am going over to Paris for business and so we're piggybacking this personal trip before the work starts. Since my plane is taken care of, we decided to do the short trip in style

Is L'Hotel just too ridiculous for that price? Will it really be sooo much better than Esprit or Le Placide???
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:18 AM

That sounds like fun! I have 3 small boys too and we're going to Europe in 3 weeks.

Since I haven't been to Paris myself, I'll let the pros decide for you.

Have a nice trip and I hope you guys have fun. Let me know how it came out so that I'll have an idea the next time we fly that way.

Thanks!
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM

Why not rent an apartment for much more space and less money? There are some really great apartments out there. I can't imagine paying 370 Euros a night to be cramped up in a 23 square meter room. To each his own though. Happy Travels!
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

If we were staying longer, maybe we would but we want to have room service, concierge, a bar, possible restaurant and be pampered! I wait on three kids at home so want my time to be waited on!