Reload this Page >

Dinner before concert at Sainte Chappelle

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2002, 03:55 PM
Susan

The concerts at Sainte Chappelle starts at 9:15 p.m. and I have a dinner reservation at Le Vieux Bistrot for 7:30 (a little early for me I must say), for those of you who have dined at this restaurant can you tell me if I will have enough time to make concert.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:05 PM
Sue

Unless you have reserved seats at Ste. Chapelle, I think you are pushing it to try to have dinner as late as 7:30. There was a long line forming when we arrived at 8:45 for the 9:00 concert, even with reserved seats.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:21 PM
Toni

Susan, <BR> How wonderful!!!! A concert heard in one of the most beautiful chapels I have ever entered!! One day I will return to Paris! Have a wonderful evening!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:29 PM
Susan

I do have a reservation for the concert so I won't have to wait in line. However, I don't want to dine and dash, an hour and a half for dinner seems adequate but that's why I wanted to solict opinions from others who have dined at Le Vieux Bistrot.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:56 PM
robyn

Just wondering if you reserved through ticketavenue as I can't seem to access their website. <BR>Is there someplace else to reserve tickets for Saint Chapelle? <BR>Thank You

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:12 PM
Jade

Hi guys:<BR><BR>I saw a concert at St Chapelle a few weeks ago. We reserved tickets through our concierge (they just call on your behalf and put down your names - much easier than looking for some shop that sells tickets). I highly recommend that people book tickets this way - so easy!<BR><BR>I just wanted to let you know that we went to the early session (about 7.15pm) and there was a decent queue. And even though we had reservations, we still had to stand in the queue to pay for the tickets. <BR><BR>They are not numbered seats, but luckily wuite a few people seemed reticent about sitting right at the front so we got pretty good seats.<BR><BR>We attended the 'Violons Frances' (sp?) concert, headed by Paul Rouger, and it was fantastic! It was so so moving, and Paul Rouger himself was bloody brilliant! By the end of it I was acting like a little groupy, I even bought 2 of his cds at the end of the concert and had them autographed!<BR><BR>As for the dinner, can't you just wait and have it afterwards? That way you wont be rushed and perhaps therefore enjoy it less?<BR>You will have a wonderful time at the concert! Report back at Fodors on what you thought of the concert.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Jade

Old May 23rd, 2002, 06:08 PM
Sue

Tix to concerts can also be bought at ticket counter at FNAC, the chain bookstore in Paris, of which there are many throughout the city. <BR>Even with paid for, reserved tix, we had to stand in line at Ste. Chapelle; it did not seem to be a well organized "drill"! However, the concert which we saw this week was just wonderful, a chamber group called Violons Virtuoses; the program was Bach, Mozart, and Vivaldi. At ~9:00pm, there was still enough sunlight to show the stained glass in all its beauty.

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Susan

Thanks for the replies, I'll guess I'll just see what the people at my hotel recommend. As much as I don't like dining early, waiting until after 10:30 p.m. on a Sunday night doesn't appeal much either.

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Gretchen

The concert we saw at Ste. Chappelle did not have any reserved seats. We got there in time to pay for our reserved tickets--there are at least 2 "tiers" of tickets--the more expensive is closer to the front. That was the only "reserved" seating we saw--near and further back. We were sitting down when people started lining up at the entrance--when the doors were opened it was just a mad dash to get the best seats. As it was we sat about 6 rows from the front for a magical evening. As for the dinner--in the words of a friend, you might have time to eat but not to dine. We ate an unmemorable meal afterward just because we didn't plan well. L'Ecluse is not far as are many other good places to eat after the performance if you would so choose.

Old May 24th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Wendy

My mom and I had the same delima when we went to the opera in Paris. We ended up buying some cheese, bread, fruit and of course tarts and had a mini dinner at our hotel before to tied us over. Then we went out for a light meal at a cafe after and talked all about the opera for hours after. It was perfect!<BR><BR>Have fun!