Detaild map of 14th and 15th ar. Paris

Mar 28th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Detaild map of 14th and 15th ar. Paris

Our Streetwise Paris (and Venice and Rome) map is has been fabulous for never failing in finding any little street or even alleyway in most of Paris but unfortunately, it only covers a tiny portion of the 14th and 15th. For our next trip, we're staying in the 15th and wanting to go to a number of restaurants in the depths of the 14th and 15th so I'm looking for a map of these two arridismonts with similar detail to the streetwise maps. What do you recommend?
Mar 28th, 2009, 05:44 PM

You can use mappy.com for directions as a pedestrian. Put the address of your hotel/apartment as the starting point and then the restaurant as the end point. To get a general map of the area enter the postal code for the arrondissement you want.

Here's an example of the map for an area of the 14th.

http://tinyurl.com/c9w25z
Mar 28th, 2009, 05:54 PM

In Paris you can pick up Le Petit Parisien--3 Plans par arrondissement. That will include all bus routes, subway lines, location of museums, markets, post offices and other official buildings. It probably is available at any newspaper kiosk.
Mar 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM

You can get Le Grand Plan de Paris for free at any Métro ticket window. It consists of a street map showing rail services on one side, and a street map with bus lines on the other. You can see these maps on line here:

http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan...secteur&fm=pdf

http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan...secteur&fm=pdf
Mar 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM

A few years ago we rented an apartment in the 15th and found it to be one of our best decisions. For starters, more French men and women call the 15th home than any of the arrondissements. No tourists to speak of because there are no tourist "sights" -- just everyday people doing everyday things in an everyday way. We loved it! A fine bakery across the street, a Metro station at the end of the block, quiet neighborhoods, several bus lines within easy walking distance, only a couple blocks to the banks of the Seine, street markets on certain days, loads of friendly and reasonable restaurants, a supermarket only a block away.
Mar 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM

A Michelin "Paris par Arrondissements". You can order it from Amazon.
Mar 29th, 2009, 05:17 AM

Le Petit Parisien--3 Plans par arrondissement - - also my map of choice, because it places actual bus stops on the streets. Covers up to and beyond the peripherique for the outer arrondissements.
Mar 29th, 2009, 08:29 AM

Just buy one in Paris, it is easy and most news kiosques have small map books. If you must have one in advance for a specific location, I think www.mappy.fr or something would be fine.
Mar 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, the Michelin looks like what we want. And I want it before we get there so I can do some research ahead about some of the outer arridismonts. Amazon has a used one for 6 bucks so that's the one!