Day trips from Seville

Aug 24th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Day trips from Seville

I'll be in Seville in October. I'm planning a six nights stay, and from there, I want to see as much as possible of Andalucia. I won't have a car, so I count on public busses and trains to visit wherever is. I thought of going to Cadiz, Ronda, and maybe Cordoba

As I hate packing with a passion, as much as I love to travel, the logistic is to stay longer in a central village/town from where I can day trip easily

Any suggestions, fellow Fodorites and Spain experts?
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:51 AM

Dear Surlok,

I agree with your choice of daytrips. Those cities area as far as would be convenient having to rely on public transportation.
For shorter, less tiring daytrips, consider also Santiponce/Itálica-15 minute bus ride from Seville- for the roman ruins and Carmona -about 45 minute ride- for art and history in general, a beautiful Parador for a great lunch break and post-lunch drink on the cliff terrace overlooking the countryside. It has a nice smalltown feel, very authentic andalusian.

Both options are easy, with frequent buses leaving daily from Seville. Remember to check opening days and hours for the monuments before choosing the date for your trip.

Another good daytrip would be Jerez de la Frontera, make that a thursday and reserve tickets for the famous dancing horses show.
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

I will include Jerez and Carmona as well, Olga, thank you for the suggestion of having lunch at the Parador there. I'm also thinking of staying one more night in Sevilla, so that I get the time to do three day trips, and still enjoy Sevilla with no rush.

I'm very appreciative of your posts, as well as Maribel's.
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:50 AM

I did a daytrip to Cordoba a few years ago. It is on the main high speed line from Madrid to Seville so it does not take long at all. Cordoba is interesting enough for a day. I certainly wouldn't alot more time than that. Seville is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Have fun.

Ross.
Aug 26th, 2003, 12:06 PM

Suriok:
We too will be in Seville in October. We are only staying 3 nights. One day we are planning to take the train to Jerez to see the Andalusian horse show and sample the sherry at a tasting close by.
Have a great time. Where are you staying?
Carol
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Carol,

At Casas de la Juderia. As it's my first time in Sevilla, I don't want to take any risks. ;-)

As this will be all I'll see of Andalucia, at least this time. I'll be staying longer than you, and doing all the trips while based in Sevilla.

Have a great time, too, Carol.

Search this Thread