Colosseum hours

Jun 27th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Original Poster

Colosseum hours

Does anyone know how late the Colosseum is open in August on Sunday? I've seen three different times so far: 2:00, 7:00 and 4:00... I just want to make sure that we plan for this. Also, anyone know of shortened hours at the Pantheon or any other famous sites on Sundays?
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:04 PM

I am not sure how late the Colesseum is open on sundays - we were there on a Sunday in May and we went in the morning. I did notice that the tour books were wrong on some hours on the weekends during our trip...we had to cut st. peter's short because it closes early on Saturdays (the books we looked at didn't say that). Also, one recommendation...buy your ticket to the Collesseum at Palatine Hill (when you pay for P. Hill it also includes the colleseum). You can see P. Hill first and avoid the lines for tickets at the collesseum (the line was long). At P. Hill, they also have an english speaking tour - I beleive it was at 10am or 10:30am. We just missed it and were disappointed. Maybe your hotel could get you information if you are interested. Good luck!
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:56 PM

Last September 22, it was open until 6:00 (5:00 for admission) on Sunday.

We were lucky to get in, as our Guidebook said it was closed Sundays. Went over there anyway to check it out.
Jun 29th, 2003, 03:09 AM

My book had said closed on Sundays also, but it is not. I believe it is open until 6 or even 7 on Sundays.
Jun 29th, 2003, 03:20 PM
dln

My parents just sent me the Rome tourist map they used while there this spring. The map says the Colosseum is open from 9 am to 6 pm through October. If you'd care to call directly, the phone is 06 7005469. Good luck!