Cirque d'Hiver Assigned Seats?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've made reservations online through Fnac and received an instant confirmation.

No seat numbers (if there are any) were given. Are the seats first come, first served in our assigned section - Stalles, or are they assigned when we pick up our tickets at Fnac?

If they are not assigned, generally how far in advance should we arrive for the 5:00PM Saturday night show?

Also how long does the show last?

What is the location/address of the Fnac Bastille store?

Thanks.
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

We are not going to the until Dec. 30, so we will have plenty of time to pick the tickets up when we arrive. Does anyone know the store hours for Fnac and are they open 7 days a week.

I've been in another branch so I know what kind of stores they are, but the Bastille store is very close to where we will be staying.
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 10:15 AM

hi nina,

glad to hear you're seeing the cirque! i bought my tix through the theatre, and the seats were assigned. there's an usher and all that. provided your seats are assigned, you might arrive 30 min. ahead. i think the show is a bit over an hour and there's one intermission.

you should try pages jaune for the fnac address. www.pagesjaune.fr

have fun!
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Melissa, we got the tickets because of your excellent recommendation on another thread. We've been taking about going for years, but that was the push I needed.

Usually when you get a confirmation, your seat numbers are on it, so I was curious.

I knew that it was a short show, but one hour plus with an intermission - that is short.

There is a nice article about it in this months Paris Notes, but I didn't get around to reading it until after I got the tickets.

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 11:09 AM

I think FNAC stores are usually open about 10 am to 8 pm. No, they aren't usually open on Sunday. The one on the Champs-Elysees is open on Sun, though, because stores in that area are allowed to be open on Sunday due to being a tourist area or something.

You really can't miss the FNAC Bastille store, it's right in front of the column (to the east).
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina.
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Nina,
When I bought tickets for the Cirque d'Hiver last week on the FNAC website, it <b>did</b> give us seat assignments, so I don't know what the problem must have been with yours.

In your email confirming your reservation it should tell you what your seat assignments are. If it doesn't, maybe you should call FNAC and check on it .

The shows seem to be selling out, so I don't think I'd wait until you get there to get it straightened out.
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Marcy for emailing me a copy of your confirmation in French. Mine is in English and the only word that is in French, was not familiar to me - A 35 and A 37 _fauteuil_. I am assuming that fauteuil means seat - too lazy to look it up now.

So I am all set, and apparently have been all along.

Thanks again Marcy, looking forwarding to meeting you and neddag at Jim Haynes' Soiree.
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 07:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Fauteuil does indeed mean seat.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 04:51 AM

You're welcome, Nina!
See you at Jim Haynes' !