Cashel & Ennis B&Bs

Search

Cashel & Ennis B&Bs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cashel & Ennis B&Bs

Does anyone have a B&amp;B to recommend in Cashel? (The Cashel in Tipperary.)<BR> Also looking for a B&amp;B in Ennis. Although I'm finding lots of options around there, I'd really like something within easy walking distance of downtown. Hotel prices look steep.<BR> Many thanks.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 06:51 AM
cd

When we went to the Rock of Cashel we stayed in the nearby town of Cahir. Our B&amp;B was the best we had in all of Ireland. A Lovely large brick home in a lovely setting. The Scaragh House. Owner Patricia Devereaux email: [email protected]
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 07:03 AM

MaryZ,<BR><BR>Many travelers to Cashel speak highly of Legends, located in the shadow of the Rock and featuring a good reputation for food. Check out www.legendsguesthouse.com. Prices range from euro 35 - 64.<BR><BR>While in Ennis, I've stayed at the Old Ground Hotel. It's centrally located and has a good deal of old world charm, but make a point of asking for a room in the back, as rooms that face the street can be rather noisy. Also, room appeal varies, so don't be shy about requesting a larger, more appealing room should the staff direct you to something that's less than satisfactory. This happened to me a few years back, and the hotel was good about accommodating my request.<BR><BR>Best of luck.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

TTT
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 07:37 PM

we stayed in kilrush near ennis ...but a great restaurant in ennis is hal pino...absolutely fabulous...on second floor above a pub in the center of town
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 10:52 PM

Another vote for Legends Guesthouse-wonderful hosts, great views of the Rock and Gourmet food!!!<BR>Shadow
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 01:49 AM

In Cashel try Baileys guest house check out there web site www.baileys.ie I Just stayed there In march excellent rooms and view of the rock in historic old house rooms were recently renovated .
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 05:00 AM

Ennis: there are a couple of 'hostels' close to the Square. Their minimum is two beds for 'private occupancy' rooms. I'll be travelling 'solo' so rather than pay for a two-bedded room I have to shop around some more. I have stayed at the Temple Gate and the Queens hotels (never at the 'Old Ground' although the 'Poet's Corner' Pub there is very nice. The bus coming into Ennis from Shannon airport passes quite a few B&amp;B's - maybe not within 'easy' walking distance but not too far out. You might consider walking in and taking a taxi back - there are always taxicabs lined up at the O'Connell monument. <BR>Beware! When an Irish person tells you it's a 3-minute walk or it's just at the bottom of the road you're looking at a mile or so ...