cash discount for heotel Casci-Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read great things about this hotel on this board and have booked it for 3 nights next May. I've read on a few posts that they will discount the prices of the rooms if you pay in cash. It seems you have to ask for this discount so I'm wondering when you arrange that. Was it discussed when the room was booked or at check-out time?

Thanks for any good info about this and also welcoming any not to be missed experiences (besides David) in Florence.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 05:00 AM

I would ask about it when booking,then save a print the confirmation.
I have stayed at the Hotel Casci and it is a nice option in Florence.
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, they have been so nice through their emails I am looking forward to staying there. Anyone else out there with experience at the Casci and how/when you arranged a discount for paying cash?
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 02:58 PM

Hi Plafield,
We are staying at Hotel Casci in Florence for 4 nights next May, and also at the La Calcina in Venice for 4 nights. I'm not aware of any cash discounts at Hotel Casci, but if you find one off of this board, please post it. Genie
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 03:14 PM

I believe I am the only person who didn't have a good experience with the Casci. Despite me reserving 6 months in advance and confirming 2 weeks before our arrival, they lost our reservation (and a number of others) due to some "email glitch". It was our honeymoon. They were very apologetic and they did find us another room at an even nicer hotel. With all the wonderful things I read about them, I have to assume that they really did somehow lose all their reservation information. Still, one would think they would have printed copies somewhere, or a back-up copy on a disk...

In any case, you might want to re-confirm just before you depart to make extra sure they have your reservation
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 03:48 AM

Hi Genie,
How funny! I will be at Hotel Casci too! (For others: Genie and I will be at La Calcina in Venice at the same time!)
My Florence nights are Apr. 22, 23, and 24 (then to southern Tuscany for a week before Venice.)
Isn't this forum amazing? What groupies we can be!

carolsc
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 04:53 AM

Not been there, but before we stayed at La Calcina last year I'd heard of someone else paying a cheaper price for cash there. So midway through our stay we asked, and it seemed to depend on what type of card you would otherwise use. Since we planned to use a UK debit card, the answer was no. I guess they might do it if you wanted to use Amnex or Diner's, which I believe charge much higher merchant fees ?
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 05:26 AM

We stayed at the Casci for 10 days in January. The Lombardi family are most accommodating. The location is great, kind of between San Lorenzo, the Accademia and the Duomo. It is just far enough down the Via Cavour to avoid the madness.

They have a PC with Web hookup in the lobby (which you have to share), no problem. The breakfast is great, lots of little "trattorias/ristorantes" around.

A couple of blocks down is a small piazza where you can catch the autobus to Fiesole (a 10/15 minute ride) you will enjoy. Call ahead to Ufizzi for reservations or you will be standing in line. For you science nuts, the Galileo Museum is on the backside of the Ufizzi....loved it.

Anyway, the Lombardis and Casci are something you will enjoy....don't be put off by the exterior (street level).
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 11:22 AM

I have stayed at the Casci Hotel in Florence twice, and am going again for the third time this October. Obviously that means I have only wonderful things to say about them, and this is true.

The family that runs this small hotel is amazing, going out of their way to help whether it is something small, or a medical emergency which unfortunately we experienced on our last trip in March. Everything you read on this board and on trip advisor is true true true!!

Now as to the cash discount, they absolutely DO give you a cash discount if you pay cash. I would ask about it in your e-mail correspondence with them, even now. And re-confirm with them about a month before your trip time.

Enjoy.