Search

Car rental from Aix or from Avignon?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car rental from Aix or from Avignon?

Hi all,

I have an itinerary that starts me in Aix-en-provence for 2 days and then I have a day that is undecided and then 3 days in Vaision La Romaine. The question is should I take the train to Avignon stay there for a day and then rent a car from there for 3 days or rent a car from Aix? One other factor is that I have to be in Avignon after the 3 days to take a TGV to Geneva... Any thoughts suggestions?
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 04:58 AM

If your itinerary starts in Aix, pick up your rental car at the Aix TGV station (I'm assuming that's where you'll be arriving)
Turn it in at the Avignon TGV station when you leave for Geneva...
There isn't any drop charge that I know of
when you return a car to a different TGV station.

Patricia
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks PB, yes I'll be in Aix itself I assume its easy to get tot he TGV station I understand its outside of town... I didn't realize I could save a drop off fee if I return to a TGV station as well.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 09:59 AM

I think the point was there shouldn't be a special drop fee to leave it at Avignon versus Aix. In fact, I've done that -- rented in Marseille and left it at Avignon TGV. That was Europcar and they had no fee for doing that.

Given your schedule, I suggest you leave it in Avignon or even Valence, which isn't much farther and easy to navigate. I found it easier than Avignon, actually, in terms of dropping a car rental, at least to find ut from some of the main routes nearby. Avignon TGV isn't hard once you find it, but it wasn't clearly marked on maps I had, even Michelin maps. Valence is an easy drive up a major highway (the A7, I think), and just off it.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 10:37 AM

You shouldn't have a drop-off fee for renting from and returning to any location in France. Nothing to do with TGV or other stations.