Search

Capri

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2018, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capri

We would like to stay a night or two in Capri...any suggestions for hotels and favorite sites to see?
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 07:59 PM
kja

Hotel La Tosca isn't particularly fancy, but the views and service make it worth considering, IMO
https://www.latoscahotel.com

My favorite site on Capri: The Villa San Michele.
Villa San Michele ? Villa San Michele ? English version
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 06:49 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Excelsior Parco. Each room has a wonderful view of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples.

If there, see my friend Pepe who reminded me of Radar O'Reilly from M*A*S*H... you know when you need another drink or you are looking for a little snack? Pepe happens to just show up with exactly what you need. The service is so great, they had people who were on Capri for the day, stopping by to say hello to the staff because they had stayed Excelsior on a previous trip. This Christmas we received a nice email from Pepe wishing us a Merry Christmas!

They also provide you with a cell phone to be able to call for their wonderful shuttle service, which can take you wherever you want to go.

Capri is wonderful! Enjoy!
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 05:38 PM

Hotel La Minerva, so very Capri, friendly staff, beautiful rooms, gorgeous views. If booked try Hotel Canasta, great alternative.
Capri: So much to see and do. Yes Villa San Michele, Limoncello at wine bar on top of the Clocktower.
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 06:17 PM

Favorite sight on Capri? The Villa Jovis for sure (Blue Grotto closed that day due to high tides) - Emperor Hadrian's Villa and resort retreat - looming high above the sea with sheer drop off of hundreds of feet into it far below,. It was here that Hadrian allegedly staged wild orgies and debaucheries - and where allegedly throw his enemies off the cliff. Anyway a very substantial Roman relic and ruins. I walked there from port area and then over to Annacapri area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Jovis

https://www.google.com/search?q=vill...w=1536&bih=759
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 10:31 AM

We stayed at La Tosca, but I wish I had spent more for a room with a view of the sea/terrace.
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another vote for La Tosca. I enjoyed the sights in Anacapri, found a quiet place for lunch on the beach at the other side of the island from the port, and especially enjoyed a walk past the Faraglione islets.

See: More Graffitii than Garbage - Report from S. Italy
Old Mar 12th, 2018, 12:18 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
La Minerva was one of oir favorite hotel experiences. The setting and sweeping views of the sea are beautiful. But the best part was the excellent and friendly service from the family who own the hotel. They couldn’t do enough for us making it a very special stay.