Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Capri (Villa Brunella) or Anacapri (Ceasar Augustus)??

Apr 4th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Kari

My husband and I are going to the Amalfi coast and Capri in late May. I have us at the Hotel Tritone for the first part, which I understand is more private than staying in Positano. Our other 3 nights will be on Capri and I'd like opinions about whether to stay in Capri town, at the Villa Brunella or near Anacapri at the Ceasar Augustus. (I'm not sure that we'll want to stay at "private/secluded" hotels the whole time.

Also, the Villa Brunella was slightly more expensive (Euro 330 vs. Euro 260), and they only had a "suite" with a sea view "through the trees." Any opinions?

Apr 4th, 2002, 03:54 PM
CJ

My husband and I stayed at the Quisisana in Sept. '99, which is right in town in the center of all of the action. I LOVED IT! In the middle of the day, when it would get crowded from people taking the ferry over, we would either be by the pool, or taking a boat tour around the island -- so the crowds didn't bother us. I did most of my shopping in the late afternoon when the crowds died down. We had so many great meals there: La Capanina (yummy pasta in a homey atmosphere with copper pans on the walls), the restaurant with the lemon trees (very famous -- your hotel will know the precise name), and da Gemma (casual place with wonderful pizza).

Apr 6th, 2002, 09:11 AM
ttt

topping

Apr 25th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Beth

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Brunella last summer and really loved it! We made reservations late and also had to take a suite--the room was pretty large (not like a suite in the US), but the views were outstanding. The owner who sits at the front desk is very helpful and friendly. We really loved Capri town, but did not like the time we spent in Anacapri at all, and we were very happy to be staying in Capri town

Apr 26th, 2002, 07:41 PM
kiki

Kari,

Also check out Hotel Luna. We were in Capri last week and went in for a look. It was unexpectedly very reasonable for a fabulous room and view, plus very conveniently located in Capri. The Quisisana was even fancier, but it is very costly, so if you have the money, why not splurge. If not, I recommend Hotel Luna.