Search

Burgundy hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burgundy hotels

We are planning a week in Burgundy in September,and our itinerary involves starting in Dijon, then moving on to Beaune, finishing with two days in northwest Burgundy near Vezelay and Auxerre. We are not budget travellers (all being of a "certain age"; we are looking for accommodations which will give us a real feel for the area and which are not totally stratospheric in price. We have made tentative reservations at Le Richebourg, Chateau de Chorey, and Parc de Marchaux (each for two nights). I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has stayed at these hotels -- particularly Le Richebourg. I would also be delighted to hear if anyone has particular favorites in the area. Thanks so much.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:18 AM

Welcome on board tennismom
I'm sure you'll get some suggestions soon!

To all my Fodorite friends, I told tennismom who was on TA to come over here because she would get more answers and it is so much friendlier here, so now here you go!
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:50 AM
schuba

In Dijon, try Hotel Phillippe Le Bon at 18 Rue Sainte Anne. Nice large rooms with modern decor. Good sized bathrooms for Europe. Don't have the phone number but you can get those elsewhere.

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 05:32 AM

Hi mom
search for parc marechaux (don't forget the "e&quot in the box above. There are some good reviews including which room to ask for.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. This is a really good forum, but I need to get used to navigating. I appreciate the responses.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 07:54 AM

We stayed at Parc de Marechauax last November and enjoyed it very much. The location is excellent, just a 5 minute walk into the old town. It's located on a quiet street and has free parking.

Our room was a moderate size and the bathroom had a great tub! We overlooked the pool and garden and had a small balconey, though it was a bit cold for using either.

There are several excellent restaurants in walking distance. We particularly liked Le Salamandre.

The staff was most pleasant, particularly the manageress, who is English married to a Frenchman.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 08:07 AM

And for something different in the heart of Dijon itself, try Coco's well-equipped flat she rents out and which many many Fodorites have raved out:

myhomeindijon.com.

search for myhomeindijon.com here and read the raves in other posts.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 08:59 AM

Hi tennismom, please excuse me of hijacking your post. I would like to send a message to Coco. She has not answered my e-mail.
Coco, I confirmed my reservation at your flat for Sep 21-25. Please block the calender.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:11 AM

Thanks Pal but tennismom knows about it already and she'll be travelling with 2 friends.
Gg no problem and I'm looking forward to meeting your hubby this time!
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:17 AM

No one to answer about le Richebourg?