Brugge hotel help

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Andee

Brugge hotel help

Any tips appreciated for either hotel: Hansa or Prinsenhof. Both are same price and look great. Thanks for your advice!

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Julie

I do not know the Hansa, but my husband I stayed at the Prinsenhof in May 2001 and it was terrific. The room was very nice and the bathroom was recently renovated with a big tub/shower and separate WC. Staff were very friendly and helpful. A good breakfast was included. Prinsenhof is very convenient to all of central Brugge. I would recommend it highly! Be sure to ask for a room on the first or second floor if you have a lot of luggage. There is an elevator to the second floor but only very steep stairs to the third floor.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Diana

We stayed at the Prinsenhof and it was fabulous. I agree with all that Julie said. We had a car and they had an area where we could park. A lot of hotels do not have room for cars. It is very convenient to everything in town. As someone who uses the web daily, it was nice to find they have a computer with web connection for their guests to use - free of charge. (we were there in November 2000).

Enjoy your trip.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Andrea

Thank you for your information about these hotels. I've decided on the Prinsenhof from Julie and Diana's descriptions. Certainly appreciate the tips from experienced travelers!

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Nancy

We stayed 2 nights in Brugge the first week of April, 2002 in a lovely B&B within walking distance to canals and both squares--wonderful location. Owned and completely remodeled this year by a lovely couple--all ensuite rooms--double 50 Euro with excellent breakfast, parking on street nearby (free). I highly recommend it--but no lift for disabled. Koen & Annemie Diltiens-Debruyne, Waalsestraat 40, B 8000 Brugge, Tele:+32(0)50334294, Fax:+32(0)50335230, Email: [email protected], Website: http://users.skynet.be/dieltins. Brugge is a very beautiful, delightful city with excellent food and shopping--two days was not enough!!!

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 08:28 AM
curt

You will never, never regret choosing the Prinsenhof. My wife loved this hotel and both rate it as one of the best we have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. It is ideally located, has wonderful rooms, the staff is great, the breakfast excellent, and the parking is a big plus (the staff will actually park your car, as they like to back them into the slots).

Be sure to get to know the owners. They are a delightful young couple and run this hotel in the most perfect way. I only wish all the hotels we stay in were as good as this one. It is a real find and if anyone is interested in using it one word of advice - book way in advance.

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:27 AM
Jon

Another two thumbs up on the Prinsenhof. Beautiful hotel, wonderfully pleasant staff, good location. One of the best parts of our trip to Europe.

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Andrea

Jon,
Thanks for your post about the Prinsenhof. So looking forward to our trip soon. Any recommdations for restaurants or sights?

Old May 8th, 2002, 09:52 AM
curt

Andrea, there are a number of cafes and pubs located all around the two main squares. The Prinsenhof can suggest good places as well. Just ask at the front desk for ideas. They suggested a place to us (I am so sorry but I forget the name) that was wonderful. Great mussels. I believe that they will steer you to the places they think highly of.

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Jon

If you like beer, the Den Dyver had great food and they served a different Belgian beer with each course, complete with a description of the region it came from and where it was brewed. Great fun! My wife who doesn't really drink beer thought they were delicious and downed each glass with gusto.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 07:33 AM
topper

ttt re. question Hotel Prinsenhof.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 07:23 PM
rrr

Thanks, topper!