Bed and Breakfast in Bruges in November?

Nov 5th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Bed and Breakfast in Bruges in November?

I will be in Brussels in November and am considering a day trip to Bruges. Does anyone know if it is crowded in November, where advance reservations would be required? We are not sure if we will stay overnight, or return to Brussels same day.
Any recommendations for bed and breakfasts if we stay?

Thank you!
Nov 5th, 2007, 07:31 AM

I was in Bruges the end of last November and I don't remember it being busy. I went to many touristy places without waiting in lines or having to deal with crowds.

Can't recommend any B&B's but I stayed at the Hotel Academie, which is right near the Begijnhof area.
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:14 AM

A Day trip to Brugge is a must. Brugge is a great town to walk and eat and drink!! I stayed at a wonderful hotel 1/2 block from the belfort (old town center)named "Arasmus". The owner Tom is wonderful and he prepares a beautiful european breakfast with cheese and air dried meats, fruit, yougurt, breads and jams, espressos and such. There are only 4 rooms per floor, 3 or 4 floors total and the rooms for europe are very large, extremly clean and in a perfect location.

If you are up for a truly amazing meal, you should go to "Kardinaalshof" Located aprox 3 to 4 minute walk from the hotel. I had one of the best meals of my life while being treated like a queen. If you go please tell the owner Frankie and Madame the Smiths from Virgina send their best and can't wait to return

Enjoy your travels!!! very jelious
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:05 AM

One of the best places we have ever stayed - anywhere - and run by the loveliest people, was Number 11 in Brugge. I would love to go back and stay for a week, have a look at the reviews on TripAdvisor and see how many people love it! I would suggest an overnight stay, or two nights if you can manage it.

www.number11.be

Kay
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:03 PM

I just returned from Brugge two days ago. The weather was mild for this time of year and the Markt Square area was busy with tourists.

We stayed at the Hotel Aragon (just off Markt Sq.) for 105 euro per night including a continental breakfast. I highly recommend this 43-room hotel, which recently underwent a renovation.

We stayed two nights and on both of those the restaurants where we ate were filled with diners, and they turned customers away. At lunchtime, the restaurants were busy, but you could get a table (for 2).

Brugge is a beautiful small city and we are so glad we spent two nights and didn't rush through it.
Nov 13th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

We have reservations at the Pand Hotel, which looks very nice!

http://www.pandhotel.com

Thank you for all of the input!
Nov 13th, 2007, 12:50 PM

We will be in Brugge in July of 2008, and I booked a room at the Castle ten Berghe. I haven't stayed there yet, but the reviews are great, and it was listed in the top 10 castle hotels in Europe (ranked by traveler popularity) in the Chicago Tribune. You might want to check it out!

Good luck