Breakfast in Venice

Search

Breakfast in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breakfast in Venice

We will be arriving in Venice via night train (7:30 am) and will be in need of some breakfast. I imagine there is something at the train station although I didn't look last time I was there. Any recommemdations for a place for breakfast?

Three weeks till we head off. Yea!
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 09:45 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd pack some nice basic foods with you on the overnight train from a grocery store wherever you were before. It's easy to get coffee and a pastry early morning, but if you're thinking sit-down bacon and eggs, that's something I didn't really see in town. There is/was a "food court" cafeteria type set up at S. Lucia train station.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 03:31 AM

It would be worth checking if the ticket for your night train include breakfast. Which train are you taking? I did twice Geneva-Venice 2nd cls. and each time the conductor brought a breakfast package (an Italian croissant filled with apricot jam, a sort of non sweet biscuits made of flour and olive oil and orange juice (or water?) with a cup of hot coffee about 1hr/45min before the arrival in Venice. And they were not bad for something pre-packed the night before.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 03:38 AM
ira

Hi Rick,

I also suggest bringing your own.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 03:40 AM

Kappa is right, GVA-Venice has a breakfast as I remember.
But at 7.3am you'll find some coffee shops open already close to the station, no doubt about that. Unless maybe if you arrive on a Sunday.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 06:41 AM

There is a very nice cafeteria style restaurant right in the Santa Lucia Station. We had a quite nice hot lunch there several years ago. Large selection, at least for lunch. Imagine they probably have the usual selection of tasteless Italian pastries that you will find at almost any other bar or cafe. Actually thought the prices were quite reasonable. Seem to remember a bar (liquor) adjacent.
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advise, I think I'll wait until the train station so I can sleep as long as possible.