Bologna Trattorie

Aug 22nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
M1
Original Poster

Bologna Trattorie

Looking for feedback on the following ristoranti/trattorie in Bologna for a first-time visitor to Bologna. I have heard these places recommended for some time but has anyone been there recently who can comment? Looking for high quality, local food and no ambience necessary.

Trattoria Anna Maria (Via delle Belle Arti)
Giampi e Ciccio (Via Farini)
Trattoria Serghei (Via Piella)
Trattoria Moncello (Via Saragozza)
Caminetto d'Oro (Via Falegnami)
Aug 22nd, 2010, 07:13 PM

Fred Plotkin, who is a great resource for Italian food, recommends all of the ones you mention except Giampi e Cicchio (he does not mention it at all.). BTW, it is Trattoria Meloncello not Moncello. Maybe a typo on your part? Plotkin lived in Bologna for years and it is still his favorite. All the trattorie he recommended are known for solid local cuisine without ostentation.
Aug 22nd, 2010, 07:42 PM

We ate at Trattoria Serghei, Caminetto d'Oro and Trattoria Meloncello and enjoyed them all. We even went back to Caminetto d' Oro for a second dinner. Try La Sorbeteria for gelato http://www.lasorbetteria.it/index_eng.php.
Aug 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
M1
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback and looking forward to eating well in Bologna.
Aug 24th, 2010, 11:48 AM

Have been to Trattoria Anna Maria three times and regard it as a special place to enjoy good, basic food at reasonable prices. There really is an Anna Maria and have engaged her each time in conversation (as best as I can with my Italian). In particular I recall that upon hearing that my wife and I were on a 50th wedding anniversary trip she comped the excellent bottle of wine we selected. She did that knowing we were visitors from the USA who might or might not return. (I plan to do so in early November.)

Needless to say, I highly recommend Anna Maria!

Search this Thread