boats or catamarans to Hvar or Korcula running off season

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help! I am leaving Oct.1 for Croatia. I have checked the Jadrolinija Ferry Schedule and it looks like transportation to Hvar and/or Korcula only runs every two to three days. I cannot stay on one island that long. We are flexible, but want to visit Hvar, then Korcula, then on to Dubrovnik. I am willing to change my schedule around but can't seem to make it work. Are there any catamarans or boats that run separate from the ferry off season? We can travel with or without our car. Thank you for any suggestions.
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 11:08 AM

This site might help you - I used it last year to find out off-season ferry schedules. Click on the winter timetable link and then scroll down to the 'more info' bit. They are still showing 2007 times, however I don't think they were posted until late September last year so keep checking! I went in mid-October.

I left my car at Orebic when visiting Korcula (took the foot ferry which seems to run almost hourly, and then drove across the Peljesac Peninsula to Trpanj where I got a car ferry to Ploce - I was heading north to Split at that point. I notice that the timetables I used last year hadn't been updated since 2005, and they are still exactly the same today!

I never got to Hvar as the car ferries just didn't work out with my timing, but had I been on foot it would have been easier.

Good luck and have a good time. Croatia is wonderful.

PS I'm going to be in Dubrovnik for a couple of days the week after you!
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 11:09 AM

Forgot to paste the link...

http://www.korculainfo.com/ferries-korcula.htm
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 11:40 AM

Jadrolinija's website doesn't have the winter timetables yet, but ferries run to Hvar island several times a day, every day of the year. The main route is by car ferry to Stari Grad where buses and taxis connect for other parts of the island. There are other ferries from Split to Vela Luka on Korcula island.
There is also an independent service by catamaran (www.krilo.hr).
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the wonderful quick responses. I will check them both out. I was able to pull up the Jadrolinija "off season" schedule, but it only showed one ferry going from Split to Hvar on a Monday. Then back to Split on Wed. I just didn't want to stay in Hvar that long. GeoffHamer, I will be thrilled if the ferries run everyday as you said. Julie, I don't mind driving down the coast from Split to Orebic if there is no other way to Korcula. I hope the times work out because I really do want to see both islands. I'm excited, it will be my first trip to Croatia.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 07:28 AM

Jadrolinija's full winter schedules are now on www.jadrolinija.hr.
For Hvar island, there are three or four ferries every day from Split to Stari Grad, and fast catamarans daily from Split to Hvar town and to Jelsa. This is in addition to the daily Krilo catamaran from Split to Hvar (www.krilo.hr).
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:00 AM

bookmarking for my trip next October
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 07:39 AM

bookmarking