bistros in Paris

Search

bistros in Paris

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bistros in Paris

We(6 of us) will be in Paris June 11-15 and would like recommendations for bistros in the 6th, 8th, 4th, 16th or any place that is delicious. We couldn't get a reservation at L'Ami Louis and are a bit dissappointed. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:40 PM

Hi.. there are lots of suggestions if you try entering "bistro", "restaurant" etc, selecting "France" and then the search button...
Or just enter "Paris" and search, then scroll the thread list for possible hits.
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:40 PM

You might want to search Paris, bistros. Also look at Monica's post of eating her way through Paris. If you search as above, I'm sure you'll find it. Her site has an excellent review.
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM

In the 16th, Stella (on the Ave. Victor Hugo, Le Flandrin and Relais d'Auteuil are good choices.
Because Relais d'Auteuil is in a residential area of the 16th, it gets far fewer tourists than the more centrally located Michelin-starred restaurants (and it's cheaper too). Although I imagine it's very busy now, as it's French Open season.
http://www.aistesite.com/weblog/2006...ais_daute.html

Her site actually has lots of restaurant suggestions and plenty of photos:
http://www.aistesite.com/weblog/paris_food/index.html

If you hit the department stores, the brasserie at Au Printemps is a good place for lunch and the glass domed ceiling is magnifique!
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:34 PM

Try Chez Fernand, on rue Christine...you cane book on reservethebest..It's name has changed but you will be redirected. Chez Julien just across fron Ile de la Cite is another. We love Le Reminet,can also be booked online. There are several good bistro along re St Benoit, a particular favoritew is aux pre de clercs, at the corner of rue Jacob and rue Bonaparte
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:35 PM

Le Vaudeville on r. Vivienne, across the street from the Bourse.
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:43 PM

Try calling Chez L'Ami Louis when you get to Paris or have the concierge call. if you don't specify a particular day...you may get a reservation. It's worth the effort. Remember it opens at 8 -8:15.
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:32 PM

Oh dear..try booking with your hotel that is often better than trying to go it "alone".
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:49 PM

We were underwhelmed (except for the prices) at L'Ami Louis. For one thing, the entire place needed a really good cleaning.

Would agree with recommendation of Le Vaudeville. Actually, any of the Flo brasseries would be excellent, and if you book online, you receive a 15% discount. Places are gorgeous with appealing menus and moderate prices.
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:12 PM
CJS

8th arrondissement: Bistrot du Sommelier on Bd. Haussmann, I think 95 is the number.

They have a website--google Bistrot du Sommelier--you can see metro stop, address, descriptions, and email contact info.

Cost did not seem exorbitant to me, and I am in the field of education, if you catch my drift.

They have a full menu w/choices PLUS a prix fixe --well, two of those--with wines and courses that they just 'deliver' to you--the point at this place is their pairings of wines with their great food.

I made a reservation on line a week before we left the US. They were most accommodating--we had one vegetarian with us--and they were sweet about our efforts to communicate in a melange of weak French and our own English. Our waiter seemed desperate to share the wonders of the wine--and if my college french classes had focused less on the subjunctive than adjectives and verbs describing wine and wine-making, we might have made incredibly headway.

Our meal was from 8 pm to 11:30, and it was a totally wonderful experience. This is how people should eat!!! I must give full credit to my brother, who in business trips to Paris, stumbled across the place and has returned on every trip.