Restaurant Georges

Search

Restaurant Georges

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurant Georges

I would love to go to Georges for the view but have read mixed things about the food/service. Does anyone know if there is a bar there just to go for a drink? Or, is there a less expensive prix fixe lunch? I'd love to have the experience but would prefer to spend $$ at a restaurant known for the food. Thanks.
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:20 PM
DAX

If you're talking about Georges on top of the Pompidou center, it's really not that bad. I would suggest having an appetizer or just a simple dish with a drink and then go. They won't mind at all. Georges is typical of the Costes brothers restaurants (22 restaurants in Paris), it's a place to see and be seen, enjoy the view and the beautiful people and hopefully the food will taste better. However I never had anything terrible at any of their restaurants. Of course the food is all similar as they come from one central kitchen supply.
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:57 PM

The worst dinner we ever had in Paris was at Georges. Not so much due to the food but due to the service. Will never return under any circumstances.
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM

I've been for lunch several times while visiting the museum. I didn't have a reservation and was alone; neither was a problem. I believe I ordered something like an omelet, sparking water, and a glass of wine, with coffee after. I read a book while waiting and enjoyed the view while eating. All in all, it was a lovely experience and I returned to the museum refreshed.
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Kong has a great view and a busy bar.