Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

big problem!! paris half marathon. HELP!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been planned to run in the paris marathon for over 9 months and have tried to register since last july but their web site was not up early. now i have been on jury duty and just tried to register, but the web site which is finally operational says the field is full. 20,000 entrants!!! there is no phone number and i have had flight reservations from the USA for almost a year. does anyone have a telephone number for ASO Athletisme, in france, so i might be able to contact someone and find out what i can do. there is no phone number on their web page. any info will be greatly appreciated.
michael
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
This is the site. I didn't read it all but there's an address below on the page you could send a special air mail if thios site has no phone listed. Good luck.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I found it!!!!!
http://www.aso.fr/contacts_us.html
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

thank you cigalechanta. i found a phone number and will call them first thing tomorrow morning. i hope i can find a way in. i guess the worst case is a get to visit wonderful paris and just see the beautiful city. i really wnat to get in this race.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

i love this site. everyone is so helpful. i appreciate anyone who takes the time to read people's requests and then spend time trying to help them out. thanks.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 04:06 PM

You can buy an entry through Marathon tours (plus required hotel stay).

http://www.marathontour.com/paris/index.shtml

I doubt there is any other way. Good luck.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

well, now i am in big trouble. i called the marathon offices in paris and they are all full. i was on a long jury duty and did not get to register in time. does anyone have any ideas of how to find out if someone might cancel, or if their are any organizations that might buy and resell spots in the half mararthon on march 6. i made my flight and hotel reservations 8 months ago. any suggestions greatly appreciated.
michael
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 08:52 AM

Have you tried asking any of this on www.runnersworld.com? Someone there might be able to help you! I really hope you get to do, and I'll be jealous if you do!
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the idea. i couldn't find a way to post a message on runners world but i went to marathonguide's forum and posted a message there. someone had already posted a similar message for the full marathon in april. i am hoping someone will see my posting for the half marathon and has to cancel, and maybe i can pick up there spot. thanks for the idea.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:40 PM

Marathon or half marathon??? When I ran the full marathon last year they said they were cutting it off at 30,000 entrants but ended up entering 36,000.

I'm not sure what the procedures are for the half marathon, but the full marathon registration is pretty strict. I had to bring my registration confirmation letter plus at least one copy (they prefer 2) of my doctor's permission letter to the entry of the marathon expo. They wouldn't even let you in without those things in hand, to pick up your packet.