Paris - Pages Jaunes

Search

Paris - Pages Jaunes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris - Pages Jaunes

It must be me...but is the neighbourhood photo and walkabout feature still available? I've looked, but no luck.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 01:19 PM

Try http://photos.pagesjaunes.fr
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 01:20 PM

It must be you.

Not sure what you mean, but it looks just like always to me. I go to www.pagesjaunes.fr, entered an address in Paris of my favorite hotel -- it comes up and you can click on "photo", and if you do, you see the photo and can also move up or down by arrows. Same as always.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM

Hi Michel_Paris,
I'm having problems with Les Pages Jaunes also, and so is my husband on his computer at work. It's not just you. However, a couple of times it's been there, so I think the website is having problems. I was just giddy when I looked at it late one night, and it was back, but then the next day it was gone again Don't know why it works for some and not for others, though. Maybe they're changing some settings?

Sandy
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 01:34 PM

Robespierre,
I tried the link, but alas, it didn't work for me

Christina,
I go to www.pagesjaunes.fr, and that works fine, but when I click on "Photo" that doesn't work I get a white page, with this message at the top:

"The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

I did adjust my browser settings, but it didn't help. It's not other photos. I have no problem seeint the Paris webcam.

Sandy
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

It was me. I wanted to look at a street, but to start the process, you need an address on the street that it has associated with a yellow page 'subscriber'. From there you click on 'photo'.I am now happy again.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 04:39 PM

I enter the address of my student digs and it comes right up. I doubt if Mme. J is a PagesJaunes subscriber.

So I don't think that's the problem.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 06:40 PM

Sandy, I don't know what your particular problem is, but sometimes websites in general don't work and you get a message like that due to general internet problems or your particular ISP. Also, pagejaunes doesn't always have photos of every single address, some of them may be missing or just not there. So, a better test would be a bunch of different addresses, not just one. If you only got that on one address and can see others fine, maybe they just don't have a photo of that one address.

I don't know. I just didn't have any problem with it today, so I don't see how it can be them.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 06:46 PM

I'm getting that error message, 505 unknown host. It was fine a couple of weeks ago when I last looked at it. Guess it's my ISP or whatever since others say it's fine on their ends.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 07:42 PM

I was getting an error page rather than photos. But, re-starting my PC corrected the problem.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 09:40 PM
tod

I have on my 'favourites' as PagesJaunes Photos de Villes.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I use www.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?lang=en which links directly into the english version.

Sometimes when I access the French home page I do have a problem - but never (knock on wood) when I go straight into the English language version.
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 05:02 AM

Thanks everyone for your help, but unfortunately nothing has worked so far It probably is my ISP.

janisj,
I tried accessing the English page to see if that made it possible to see the photo, but that didn't work either

Christina,
None of the addresses I've put in have worked. Believe me, I use Les Pages Jaunes constantly and have for a few years. It just is no longer working for me Hopefully, the problem will right itself in time.

Sandy
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 05:23 AM

Sandy , did you try after clearing your browser's cache ?
Some pages have been recently modified on the pages jaunes sites (when they added the aerial photos feature.
Sometimes when you try to access a modified site while you still have old pages in cache, it can lead to funny results