Notices

Being a repeat visitor of a hotel?

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:53 PM
x

Being a repeat visitor of a hotel?

I'm wondering about everyone's experiences with return visits to small B&Bs. I stayed in a nice, friendly place and have no problem with returning, but there may be better locations and deals elsewhere. I know every place is different but: Have you experienced any benefit to being a repeat visitor - they remember you, give you a better rate, better room, special service, etc.? Or is it pretty commonplace to have repeat guests so it's not treated as a big deal?

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:57 PM
StCirq

Don't know about B&Bs, but I've gotten 20% off the regular rate of hotel rooms in a hotel I've stayed at regularly in the past 20 years. They also give the discount to people I send to them (but not in the high season). So, yes, it's worth asking - but probably not on the second or third visit.

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Capo

Good question. I just got done staying at one of my favorite hotels, in Nice, for the fifth time since 1994. I love the people who run it, they seem to like me, and it always warms my heart to see them again and also to have them remember me; that, alone, is worth it.

I've thought about staying elsewhere in Nice, just to try someplace different, but this place feels like a home away from home for me, so I keep returning.

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Pam

If I think that the place was worth the money, clean, quiet and the staff pleasant, I will ALWAYS go for the sure, known accommodations. I've been in too many lousy ones.

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:59 PM
mpprh

Hi

Because of my job, I used to stay in some hotels over quite long periods ......... e.g. Monday to Thursday for up to 3 months.

Well managed hotels have a system for this. Often better rooms, boxes of fruit, vouchers for the bar etc.
I have also parked cars in their garage free over the weekends sometimes.

Once when returning to one hotel with my wife as a tourist I got the best suite + all the extras + a very low price.

Peter

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:20 AM
elaine

If I'm happy with it, I go back, one-lesss thing to worry about, no reason not to, unless I'm feeling that I want to experience another neighborhood, or I'm feeling flush and want to upgrade.

I don't travel so often to the same place within such short periods of time,nor do I stay so long, that it is likely the hotel will remember me. Besides, they have staff turnover. I think the benefits of being a repeater are my own--I know which side of the hotel I want to face, I know to go down to breakfast early or later, I know the quirks of the bathroom, I know the size of the closets, and I already know the neighborhood. I love knowing the neighborhood, it makes me feel
well-traveled.