Beautiful Party in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the Maid of Honor at my best friend's wedding in Paris. I am looking to throw the shower ( a brunch) in either a restaurant or museum- or possibly the riverboats. I am thinking the monmarte area just because I love the view up there. Can you think of anyplace special? Thanks!!
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 08:28 AM

What about a beautiful high tea at Laduree, ph# 0142602179-you could not ask for a prettier place in Paris, do a search here &amp; you will find numerous postings.<BR>It's also been written up in many magazines, I think I have a Vicotria Magazine spread on it from a couple of years ago, if you would like it eamil me directly at: [email protected]<BR>viva la France<BR>Fluffy
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 08:39 AM

Have not been yet, but this sounds wonderful from another thread here<BR><BR>&quot;La Maison Fournaise&quot; on the Ile des Impressionistes, recommended by St.Cirq, where you can have a delightful lunch in the restaurant where Renoir painted &quot;Luncheon of the Boating Party&quot; (and visit the museum http://www.realfrance.com/rt/artfourn.htm). <BR>
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 09:01 AM

I don't know what your budget or command of the language is, but one of my favorite special occasion restaurants in Paris is Laurent, which is set in a park at the base of the Champs Elysees and has a lovely outdoor eating area.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:12 AM

I highly agree with the above post, Le Laurent is absolutely beautiful. Here is a link to their website: http://www.le-laurent.com
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
You want Montmartre? Well the restaurant Patachou has a fantastic terrace with a view of the city below.<BR>You can see it in the opening scene in the film Amelie but I must say the food is not special.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 11:19 AM

Agree with lack of specialness on Patachou food. Beauvilliers is one montmartre but lacks view. It's food, however, as well as its floral decor and arrangements is top drawer and would make a great place for a brunch/shower.