Delta flyer miles help if you can...

Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:34 AM
Original Poster

Delta flyer miles help if you can...

Hi. I'm wondering if I can find anyone on the board that's been in a similar predicament as I am in now. I made a flight on Delta in Nov. 2001 and then again in June 2002 from Venice to LAX round-trip. While I got a Delta SkyMiles card a few years ago, I forgot to get credit for these flights, and now Delta is telling me the statute of limitations has run out for credit on past flights (6 mo.). I realize it's my own fault, but I'd like to try to talk them into making an exception. Has anyone out there ever got them to do it? If so, how? And even if you haven't, do you have any suggestions on who I should try to talk to? Should I write a letter, email or call? By the way, I'll probably be making this trip 2 more times, I'm sure they'd want to keep my business, but don't know how to approach that subject when I talk to them. Don't want to sound threatening. ANY help would be appreciated.

Cricket
Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:52 AM

I think you are probably going to lose those miles as their rules specifically state there is a 6 month window to claim uncredited mileage. Also even if you were still within that time frame you would need your ticket receipts and your boarding passes. I always keep my receipts until the mileage is posted.

Make sure you give your skymiles number when you book your ticket. Then check again when you obtain your boarding pass.
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:03 PM

Well, I'm not too impressed with Delta right now. We got voichers a year ago when my husband and I gave up seats on an overbooked flight. We were told that they would be good for up to a year (for booking a flight, not necessarily for the trip to commence). However, when I tried to book a few weeks ago, I was told NO GO - the trip had to commence within one year. Even when I told them of the above info - they still wouldn't honor it. So, while I wish you good luck, it doesn't seem that Delta has much grace these days.
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:23 PM

I don't think there's any harm in calling or writing a letter and asking, except I think it's a waste of time. They have clearly stated rules on that, so I don't see any reason they'd change them for you unless you are a really really big spender flying many thousands of miles on year on them. If you are one of those elite status flyers, I think you can call and talk to those special program agents about it if you still have all documentation. There isn't much you can threaten them with anyway, I don't think.
Apr 15th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Just an update--- I got the credit for the 2002 flight! I was pretty surprised. It's been almost a year. They might just be a little hard up right now , and are trying to keep business.