Eating in Paris

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eating in Paris

So, I am finally going to Paris next week for 10 days! Its my favorite city, so needless to say I am beyond excited.
I am doing my research on restaurants and I have so many that I am sifting through. Just wondering if anyone has any great spots, must tries...of any cuisine, I am not looking to spend crazy amounts of money, just quality good food. Any advice is greatly appreciated, as the sheer number of restaurants is a bit overwhelming. I'll be sure to give reviews and tips on any finds I uncover while in "the city of lights"

I am staying at a fairly new hotel called the belle juliette in the 6th which I havent stayed at before. it looks great with lots of character and all the rooms have Macs!

Thanks again!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 08:51 PM

Try this post: http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...estaurants.cfm as it may have what you're looking for. Otherwise a search on Paris food/restaurants/bistros will throw up many recent threads for your reference.
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 09:26 PM
kja

You'll find lots of threads on this board about restaurants in Paris. After reading many of these threads, as well as other information, I selected several for my list of possibles. Two of my favorite and more affordable choices were:

Le Bistrot du 7eme - a wonderful meal, attentive service, pleasant setting, affordable - worked for me! (Many thanks, Michel_Paris, for recommending it!)

Willi's Wine Bar. In comparison to Le Bistrot du 7eme, my meal at Willi's was even more delicious, but a tad more expensive, and it was in a somewhat less pleasant setting with even more attentive service - trade-offs! I can easily imagine that the balance of these trade-offs would differ with choice of meal, time of day, etc.

And as kerouac shows us, sometimes the best thing to do is to roam around and check out the restaurant slates!

Having tried to select restaurants in Paris just recently, I completely understand that the choice of restaurants in Paris can be overwhelming. I found it helpful to view the process as an adventure in its own right. I enjoyed the vicarious meals I read about from so many posters and used restaurant addresses as one way to help familiarize myself with Paris's neighborhoods and metro system. I found it helpful to develop a list of a few restaurants that I thought I might enjoy and could afford that were in locations that would suit my needs. I also found it helpful to think about whether I wanted to commit to a reservation or retain the freedom to just choose on the spur of the moment.

I hope you, too, find a way to turn this seemingly daunting task into an enjoyable side-trip!

And let us know what you think of the Belle Juliette!

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Two more of my favourites Le Grand Colbert and Josephine Chez Dumonet. Both great food and quintessential Paris. But hey! you have 8,000 to choose from.
http://www.legrandcolbert.fr/
http://www.lebestofparis.com/best-re...e-chez-dumonet
Also check out chowhound France for more good recs.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for responding! You guys are awesome!
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 10:34 PM

Les Papilles in the 5th. One of the best meals I have ever had. You can reserve online. Briezh Cafe in the Marais is a very upscale crepe restaurant and was delicious!
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 01:24 AM

Ah yes Josephine Chez Dumonet and the gorgeous waiter ,Nono!
One of the hot new places is Bistro de Gastonomes on rue Cardinal LeMoine, getting great reviews and moderately priced. If you are near the Marais we like Le Bouquet St Paul, on Rue St Antoine, very inexpensive bt really good
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 04:27 AM

Thanks for the postings above.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good Vietnamese spot? Not to break the bank but a pretty and comfortable option? Same for someplace Italian?
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 04:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Italian----"Marco Polo" at 8 Rue de Conde near the Odeon. One of our favorites, we dine there on every trip to Paris.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...de_France.html
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 05:14 AM

bookmark
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 05:23 AM

Perfect, thank you.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 05:28 AM

La Boussole, 12 rue Guisard is very good. Bastide d'Opio on same street and apparently same management has been recommended but I haven't tried it. That street and Rue des cannettes, which intersects it, have a number of small restaurants, most good.