Reload this Page >

Apt. near Hotel Galleria?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 09:50 AM
Mel

Hotel Galleria does not have a room avl. for the time I will be there but told me they have a flat just a few steps from the hotel with one bedroom, bathroom and a cooking corner. No view but the price is very good. Has anyone stayed in this flat? Opinions?<BR>

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 09:56 AM
Mel

Sorry, didn't mention that the hotel is in Venice.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:52 PM
CHAR

Mel -<BR>Have not stayed in the flat but considered it in March 2001. Did stay at the hotel itself 4 years ago. I would trust the owners if they said it is a good place to stay. I, too, was attracted to the price. Ended up not staying there because it was upstairs and one of our party has a bad hip. We ended up at Hotel Bisanzio close to St. Mark's - no view and enjoyed it. There is a great little pizzaria with outside seating on the canal right next to the Galleria so if you are going in warm weather - it's a nice place to sit and watch the gondolas and barges and vaporettos float by. The Academia bridge is right next to the Galleria and has an amazing view from its' center day and night. Galleria is on the Dorsaduro side so very very quaint. Be sure to walk to the church at the end of the point and sit on the steps at sunset and watch the canal - fabulous. The vaporetto stop is right next to the Galleria - also a plus.<BR>If you like the idea of going to a dining room for your breakfast to mingle with other travelers, then Galleria (flat or hotel) would not be the choice for you. Breakfast (rolls and coffee) in your room only.<BR>Other questions - I'm happy to answer.<BR>Take vaporetto #1 at sunset and stay for the whole trip. Take lots of pictures from the boat. You'll be so glad you did.<BR>Char

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:44 AM
Mel

Thanks for the info! I heard back from the Galleria about the flat. It has no a/c, is only 20 meters square and has one double bed. I think for our first trip to Venice, I want something nicer. For now, we have reserved a suite at Antico Doge which had good reviews on Karen Brown's website. Thanks for listing some don't miss moments in Venice. I cannot wait to get there!

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Amy

I just booked the flat from Hotel Galleria for our fall Italy trip. Did anyone finally try this flat? <BR><BR>The hotel is full booked and the flat seems to be an economical choice. My hotel contact gave me a similar description "a nice small flat without view, with one bedroom, a bathroom with toilet and shower and a cooking corner." Can all these fit into a 15'x15' space? We stayed in tiny hotel room in Shinjuku last year that we think is about 8'x16' and there is just a double bed and a small bathroom with a scaled down tub.