Apartments in Paris - Saint-Germain-des-Prés

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2023, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there - we're planning a trip to Paris for five in Spring 2024 and are hoping to stay in Saint-Germain-des-Prés. We're thinking it might be best to rent an apartment just to give ourselves a little more space (and hopefully 2 bathrooms!). Ages range from 14 to 75. Any recommendations that you can share would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 28th, 2023, 07:29 AM

We have stayed in the 6th arr on most of our trips and have loved the area so much. You might check Paris Perfect and Guest Apt Services for options. We have only stayed in 1 bedroom and 1 bath apartments so those would not suit your group. Also, is the 75 yo able to climb stairs as you may not always be in a building with an elevator—Something to consider.

enjoy Paris
Old May 28th, 2023, 08:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Of course, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it. I have to ask the price, so I would stay in one of the outer arrondissements and save 70%.
Old May 28th, 2023, 08:25 AM

Booking.com has rentals and lots of people have used Paris Perfect. Definitely should get an apartment for that many people. We always stay on the right bank and have used paris autrement.
Old May 28th, 2023, 09:36 AM

It would be helpful what you will tolerate to pay for that apt. Parisperfect is rather expensive, their cheapest 3 BR will run you around $1800 a day probably next Spring. And most would cost more. That's the Morgon which doesn't have an official registration number on its listing so could be illegal. It looks nice and is in St Germain, though, with an elevator. That is the only one they have in St Germain that would fit 5, I think. Most of their apts are elsewhere (7th). They won't even allow children in that apt less than age 13 due to nice furnishings, they say. Makes me curious why they are renting it then.

Guestapartmentservices doesn't have apts in St Germain, only Ile St Louis and the Marais. They won't allow 5 guests in a 2 BR. I don't think they will even rent their 3 BR for less than 91 days.

Vacation in Paris is also an AMerican company and is cheaper than Parisperfect. They have one apt in St Germain that sleeps 5, this one, and it's a lot cheaper (probably only end up being $700 a night or less, plus that means 2 BR plus sofabed).
https://www.vacationinparis.com/list...edroom-delight
I don't care for it myself, but don't know your taste. I really hate that fussy old Louis XV or whatever furniture mixed with bare floors and cheap porch furniture side chairs, basically. It's only 550SF also, I actually had a studio once that size, and this place is a 2 BR. I think they make a fake BR out of something else, one BR doesn't have a wall on one side but "windows and shades". One BR doesn't appear to have a closet, either. It also doesn't list a registration number.

Maybe money doesn't matter as St Germain is one of the most expensive areas of Paris, which you probably know since you picked it out.

You will naturally have more than one bathroom if you rent at least 2 hotel rooms, you wouldn't expect 5 adults basically (a 14 yr old will usually count as an adult in occupancy terms) to stay in a single hotel room, not even sure you could find such a thing. If you have one adult couple and one couple plus the child, you could get away with a double and a triple hotel room, though. Probably, unless the 14 yr old is really big, which can happen. Unless there is some reason 1-2 of the adults cannot stay in their own hotel room, such as disability.

So I think you'll have to look for different agencies than those mentioned, most likely, if you want to stay in St Germain. I'd probably just look at VRBO or Airbnb and be sure to check for an official registration number on fhe listing reviews, etc.
Old May 28th, 2023, 09:56 AM

Paris Vacation Apartments has a few two and three bedroom places in St Germain des Pres. As an example, the cost for the three bedroom, 2 bath from April 6 - 13 is 3800E (543E/night) - near Bon Marche. To me that’s pretty decent. https://www.parisvacationapartments.com
Old May 30th, 2023, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Iwan2go
Paris Vacation Apartments has a few two and three bedroom places in St Germain des Pres. As an example, the cost for the three bedroom, 2 bath from April 6 - 13 is 3800E (543E/night) - near Bon Marche. To me that’s pretty decent. https://www.parisvacationapartments.com
I can attest that this apartment is very suitable, albeit a bit large for 5. Seven of us stayed there in 2019 and it was very comfortable. The three bedrooms have double beds in each, and the couch can convert. Very convenient kitchen, with a store just at the end of the block. I actually prefer their units in the Palais Royal, we loved the elegant two bedroom in 2016.
Old May 31st, 2023, 08:47 PM

This might work for you.

St Germain - Odeon - Apartments for Rent in Paris, Île-de-France, France - Airbnb
Old Jul 23rd, 2023, 02:35 AM

Haven in Paris were great for us pre Covid and I have just booked a one bedroom apartment in St Germain 😊