apartment in Rome??

Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

apartment in Rome??

Has anyone booked or stayed in an apartment in Rome this summer? Who did you book with and was it a good experience?Any other comments would be appreciated.
Aug 24th, 2003, 03:05 PM
rex

While not based on specific experience with the properties they represent in Rome, I have a generally good impression of www.domani-usa.com and they have a few that look like thay might be all right. Of course, it depends on how many in your party, and what is your budget.

And I strongly urge you to check out www.slowtrav.com - - a trasure trove for information of self-catering properties all over Italy (and Europe).

Best wishes,

Rex
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:52 AM

Hi there,

I feel like a broken record cause I keep telling people about these two sites but here I go again... Try www.sleepinitaly.com and guestinitaly.com - both are wonderful have used the first one twice and have nothing but positive things to say of the apartment choices and the company. email me if you want specifics or have questions. [email protected]

Ciao ciao, E
Aug 25th, 2003, 12:30 PM

I second the praise for sleepinitaly.com. We used it for a stay in July and were very pleased with the price and the apartment itself. Definitely check it out. The website information was accurate and I had a couple of telephone calls and many emails with Gulia who answered all of my questions helpfully and honestly. Have fun! Tory
Aug 25th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

What apartments did you rent through sleep in italy and in what areas? Would you rent in that area again or another and why?? Thanks
Aug 26th, 2003, 06:41 AM

We rented a large apartment in Trastevere (Vicolo del Cinque). We needed a fair amount of space as we were travelling with another couple and each couple had one child.

Trastevere is a really neat area and was likely a little cheaper than renting right by the Spanish steps or the Pantheon. Our main consideration was to get enough space and the apartment in Trastevere offered that. We were able to easily walk to the Fountain of Trevi, Pantheon, St. Peter's, Forum etc. but the walks were fifteen - twenty minutes or so rather than two minutes (we were well located within Trastevere right near the Ponte Sisto). Trastevere came alive at night and had great restauarants and vendors and music. We found it fun and exciting (although loud for sleeping) and liked walking before reaching our sites. It is not the place for everyone but it was great for us. Tory