Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone rented an apartment from Real Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found their website from someone at Fodors, and am very close to booking one of their apartments. If anyone has any experience with them, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 08:36 AM

hi dabodin,

here is a thread link: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34448246

i remembered someone on here mentioning real rome apartments and having a great experience. i just did a search on this site for "real rome apartments".

i've viewed this site before, seems very legit and the apartments on the site look like there is a good selection choice and a great price.

if i were not already booked in may with another angceny i would give them a go.

good luck and let us know!
E
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Eileen. I did see that post, but the author of it had not yet gone to Rome when she wrote it. I was hoping she would tell us how the apartment turned out. I also have found Tim at the Realrome site to be extremely accommodating, but I'd love to hear from someone about the follow through. Where are you staying in May?
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 10:38 AM

Hi dab,

I'm using Sleep In Italy www.sleepinitaly.com for 2 apartments in May. I've used them before and I like them. Let us know what you decide!

Maybe I typed in the wrong link? I just looked and here is Paula's review of the apartment:

Author: Paula
Date: 10/15/2003, 11:56 am
"Message: Hi Dacwi,
Hope you or anyone else that needs this message gets it. Just a note to say we returned from our 15 day Italy trip (trip report in progress) and our stay at the apartment we reserved from Real Rome was fantastic. The apartment was spotless. We arrived during the blackout on 9-28 and even though we took longer to get to the apartment, our contact Tim Pearson was waiting for us when we arrived. Tim is a fantastic guy and very helpful and accomadating. Even though this company seems realtively new, they went out of their way to make us happy. The apartment (Luce split level on their website realrome.com) we rented in Trastevere was in a great location, clean, with a well furnished kitchen that had plenty of dishes, pots and pans, and even spices etc. It had a gas stove, and a refrig. We had a tv, cd player, a nice collection of Rome/Italy travel books, washing machine, 2 baths, upstairs loft (with a queen sized comfy bed) with a pull out couch, plenty of storage,and only up on small set of stairs. We gave Tim cash 690 euro for 6 nites. (the price is cheaper compared to the number of nights you spend and you are not committed to one week intervals as in some other companies)Tim got us settled, and gave us his cell number. (English speaking operator will answer 24 hrs a day if needed)He had had some helpful advice on nearest grocery store, and transportation options. He even stopped by mid-stay and left a note telling us he left clean linens and asked is if there was anything we needed. We had an early train to catch to Florence and Tim arranged for us to just leave the key and go. Needless to say we were impressed and our stay was hassle free. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an apartment in Rome. We are already planning our trip to Italy for next year and will definately use this company again and probably even stay in the same apartment. In case you can't tell by my reply I was terribly impressed! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away or I can email you personally.
Just want to say thanks for everyone's help and will post our trip report as soon as we get settled."

Old Jan 12th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Eileen! I don't know how I missed that post. I'm really impressed with her experience and will probably go with Real Rome, although there were several apartments on Sleep in Italy which were also very tempting. It's hard to decide. Have you stayed in the one with the round bed?

Thanks so much for your help.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 05:02 PM

Hi Dabodin,

Glad you saw that report from Paula. No I have not stayed in "Round Bed apartment" I do know where it is and I once requested it however it was already booked. I know there was a recent poster who had booked it because it said they had a second bed which was important to her however the landlord removed it so there was only one bed which did not work for her. She ended up booking a differant apartment with them SII.

Which apartment are you looking at with Real Rome and when are you going? The guy Tim Pearson sounds great to do business with. I'll be there in May with 3 other women, 3 weeks & two apartments.

Whatever you decide, let us know how it goes so others can benefit from your experience.

Take care, E

Old Jan 12th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Eileen:

We're going late February/early March. A week in Rome and 3 nights in Venice. The apartment we are looking at on the Real Rome site is Cappellari Split A near the Campo dei Fiori. However, after reading Paula's post, I'm leaning towards the one she stayed in, Luce Split in Trastevere. Do you have any advice about which area would be cooler to stay in? They both sound great and I think are very close to each other. I was in rome 20 years ago for 2 days and my husband has never been to Italy. We're soooo excited!

Thanks,
JoAnne
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 06:08 PM

Hello Again!

Just looked at the Cappellari Split A and I was not very impressed with the layout but that is me and not you. Did you see it's a double "Sofa Bed"? Although it's right in the center, personally I would choose the apartment in Trastevere the Luce Split Level the one Paula chose. Seems like you'd get more bang for your buck.

Campo Dei Fiori is very fun to be around and it's also nice to leave when you want to get some sleep.

The Trastevere is across the Tiber a 15 min walk to Campo Dei Fiori which is something I don't mind but you might. It's more local and (new word) neigborhoodie, great restaurants ect.

So of the two I personally would chose the Luce Split Level. Even though I have tended to stay in the center I keep gearing toward the Trastevere and I hope to look at some of the other apartments when I go back in May for future stays.

Hope this helps and I'm excited for you too!

E
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 06:18 PM

PS also this apartment in the Trastevere caught my eye. "Trastevere Lungaretta"

http://www.realrome.com/proplungarettasplit.html

Best, E
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 07:49 PM

Hi JoAnne,

DUH - Sorry I need to make one correction on the Cappellari Split A - it does indeed have a real double bed and doesn't look half bad after all. All of the picures were not being displayed so it looked like a sofa bed only in a studio.

You may too want ask Tim at the agency on what his suggestion he thinks is best between your choices, what fun!

Ciao, E
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Eileen: I did in fact book the Luce Split Level after more input from Paula. Our favorite thing is walking, so a 15 minute walk is nothing for us. Any you're right, I'd rather stay in a real neighborhood where real people live. I did ask Tim at RealRome which apt. he would recommend, and he was very diplomatic, basically saying there were better cooking facilities in the Trastevere apt. but the other one probably has a better location (for 4 out of 5 people). I think we made the right decision. We're getting very excited.

I appreciate all your good advice.

JoAnne
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Eileen: I forgot to tell you that I looked at the Lungaretta apartment but it looks kind of dark, and has only a hand-held shower. The location and the building seem really neat, though. The thing that appeals to me about the Luce apt. is all the light, as well as having 2 bathrooms (!) and a real stand-up shower. Not a big thing, but a definite plus in my eyes. Enough of all this detail. They all look great and I feel really lucky, thanks to you, for finding Real Rome at all!

JoAnne
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 03:19 PM

Yay JoAnne,

Glad you found your spot, good choice! Please, please let us know how it all turns out.

I'm starting to get excited about my trip in May and your trip is coming up closer than mine you must be very, very excited!

Take care JoAnne,
E
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 03:24 PM

Yay JoAnne,

Glad you found your spot, good choice! Please, please let us know how it all turns out.

I'm starting to get excited about my trip in May and your trip is coming up closer than mine you must be very, very excited!

Take care JoAnne,
Eileen
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

I'll do that, Eileen. Thanks.

JoAnne