Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problem posting in more than 1 country???

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 09:13 PM
marcie

I posted for the 3 countries I'm visiting (holding the Ctl key) but only one country came through...anyone else having this problem posting for more than 1 country? Marcie

Old May 1st, 2002, 09:42 PM
Sheila

Marcie<BR><BR>It doesn't work like that. There is one Forum for all Europe.<BR><BR>If you flag a country when you post it helps the search function later. The "regionwide" option is supposed to cover multiples

Old May 2nd, 2002, 03:05 AM
Rex

I disagree. It is supposed to work as marcie describes. If you use the Ctrl key, you are supposed to be able to "flag" France AND Italy both, for example (this is what some people call putting it on the "France" forum AND on the Italy forum).<BR><BR>And as far as I know it does work as it is supposed to work - - it certainly does for searching.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 03:24 AM

IMHO flagging one or multiple countries works (and is useful) for Search, not for posting, since they're is only one general board for Europe.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 03:35 AM
Rex

I don't think this functionality is understood very well. It is one of the few quasi-"Boolean" capabilities offered here.<BR><BR>Say you want to want to post about restaurants in Reykjavik, Stockholm and Bergen.<BR><BR>You should be able (and I think that you can) post "under" Iceland AND Sweden AND Norway. (These should technically be "or" in true Boolean terminology).<BR><BR>Now if someone decides to "select" the Iceland "forum" - - they will get that post - - and this can be esepcially useful for searching - - far better than typing "Iceland restaurants" in the search box.<BR><BR>A post "flagged" for Iceland AND Sweden AND Norway should come up for anyone who "selects" Iceland, for anyone who selects Sweden, or for anyone who selects Norway. That's how I understand it's supposed to work.<BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 03:43 AM
Rex

marcie is right - - it does NOT work correctly. I receommend that you write to [email protected] and inform them.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 03:59 AM
Sheila

Please wholly disregard my previous posting. It was clearly mince

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:17 AM

topping<BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:24 AM
Dawn

I've been trying to finish my trip report and when I post, it just gets lost. Have tried 3 times.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:31 AM
ppp

Large posts have a tendency to get "lost", Dawn. If you divide your trip report in smaller segments and post one at a time you should have better luck. Now, don´t ask me how large each segment may be ... you´ll have to find out by trial and error.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:52 AM
xxx

Chunks of about 500 words seem to work well. Don't post the pieces as a series of separate posts, though -- post the second and subsequent chunks as replies to the first one, to maintain continuity.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:03 AM
Dawn

My postings were probably 200 words long. Never had this problem before. I will try again. Thanks