Reload this Page >

What to see in Iceland

Search

What to see in Iceland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Linda

What to see in Iceland

Have two days to spend in Iceland. Would like to know best restaurants and best places to see while there.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Erin

don't miss the Blue Lagoon - Hot springs type resort. Amazing Blue Water and black lava rocks. We enjoyed a restaurant called Rex in Reykjavik. The seafood everywhere is the freshest I've had. Caution though - it is expensive to wine and dine. your average beer is about $8 even in a pub type establishment. The people are amazingly friendly and it is a beautiful place - Enjoy

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Linda

Thanks Erin-your comments were most helpful. Especially the wine and dine. The Blue Lagoon sounds sooo nice.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Amy

Pasta Basta and Caruso are two of my favorites in Reykjavik, and don't miss the hotdog stand down by the harbor. The traditional place at the Vistor Center (whose name starts with L--I think it's in the rants and raves section here) has a nice atmosphere and good Icelandic food. <BR><BR>Since you have such a short time, you might want to take one of the all day tours around the south shores of Reykjavik (amazing waterfalls, geysers, and such) or the day that includes whale-watching, horseback riding, the Blue Lagoon, and a Viking feast with music to top it off.<BR><BR>If you just want to stay in Reykjavik, there's great shopping and walking. You can ascend the church spire for wonderful views, or go to Perlan for dinner and geothermal info combined.<BR><BR>Have a great trip!<BR>

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 07:09 AM
helper bee

-<BR>There's not a large amount of Icelandic visitors on this forum (compared to numbers going to France/Italy/UK) --- there is a good thread title "And now...the 100 best things in Iceland."<BR>Key in title and this search function (hopefully) should pull it up for you. Or better yet, simply enter "Iceland".<BR><BR>