Reload this Page >

Pre-Booking Day Tour

Search

Pre-Booking Day Tour

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Dave

Pre-Booking Day Tour

Hello,<BR><BR>My family and I are travelling to Iceland late next month and would like to make arrangements to do some horseback riding and rafting. Should we pre-book these plans now, or will we be just as well off waiting until we arrive and making arrangements thru the hotel or the local tourist offices? Thanks!

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 07:11 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 10:29 AM
janis

Dave: You definitely will get a better response if you start a new thread with Iceland and riding/rafting in the title. "Pre-Booking Day Tour" could be about anywhere in Europe. It does not tell anyone that you are looking for information re Iceland.<BR><BR>Most people skip threads with this type of generic title since it could be about anywhere. <BR><BR>And especially for Iceland - relatively few people have been there so it is EVEN more important to have it in your title.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Dave

That was my dilemna Janis, thank you for your comments.<BR><BR>You're right that the title could apply to anywhere in Europe (or any other continent for that matter), and I was unsure of how to title the message. If I include Iceland rafting/riding in the title, no one might respond because so few have knowledge/interest. If I don't include Iceland, no one will respond since it is too generic <BR><BR>I am actually looking for the general answer, I believe, that being whether or not all of you would normally book a day tour of this sort prior to leaving home. (Where ever your destination is).

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:29 PM
xxx

hey, Dave - get a clue. RE-POST WITH A BETTER TITLE! (Why do you think not one person has answered your questions????????)

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:33 AM
anyone

Iceland, Italy, France, doesnt' really matter: if the day trip is something I really really want to do, I always make paid advance reservations so that I know I have a spot when I get there. What if they only take 10 people on a given day, and you only have one day for this particular adventure, and you happen to be the 11th person to show up? You're out of luck and you've missed the one thing you planned the trip around.<BR><BR>If it's not that important, just a 'maybe,' then wait 'til you get there and see what's available . ..

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Dave

xxx, bet you feel pretty silly now that someone &lt;has&gt; responded.<BR><BR>I do accept public apologies, I trust yours will be forthcoming.<BR><BR>As to why I thought no one had responded to my message, I assumed it was because everyone was busy responding to ridiculous "who's better" threads.<BR><BR>By the way, I &lt;do&gt; have a clue. &lt;You&gt; read the message, didn't you? Perhaps others will read it and offer a useful opinion instead of a flippant remark like yours. Best of luck to you. <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 02:34 PM
xxx

'By the way, I &lt;do&gt; have a clue. &lt;You&gt;<BR>read the message, didn't you?'<BR><BR>Yes, however I know absolutely NOTHING about Iceland so how did that help you?<BR><BR>'xxx, bet you feel pretty silly now that someone &lt;has&gt; responded.'<BR><BR>Nothing to write home about, Dave. ONE semi-useful answer in two days. Why are you being so bloody minded about posting with a better title? Instead of taking some well intentioned advice to help you, you are sticking to your guns. REALLY, some people on this board do know about Iceland but most won't see your questions.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Dave

Well, let's see...<BR><BR>xxx, your reply this time was a bit more civil, and better received. Thank you.<BR><BR>I thought I explained why I titled my message the way I did in my reply to Janis. The intent of my message wasn't to get an answer about Iceland, per se, but to get an opinion on making arrangements for more abundant activities (day tours, etc.) prior to arriving at ones destination. <BR><BR>I thought anyones response was quite useful, if I have my heart set on something, or am not willing to be flexible... phone ahead. <BR><BR>Your first response was far from "well-intentioned". How would you have titled a message trying to find out the information I was looking for? <BR><BR>I will post an Iceland-specific title and see if it generates any more information. But, I'm still curious as to whether people, in general, tend to arrange daily activities prior to leaving home, or wait until they arrive at their destination. Fair enough?