Reload this Page >

Any info. on Paros???

Search

Any info. on Paros???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:16 AM
KP

Any info. on Paros???

I want ot travel to Paros and would like to know what is there to do and what is the best way to get there?

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Sue

It is known for windsurfing, among other things. It is supposed to have all the advantages (beaches, nightlife, shopping, etc.) of Mykonos, but less expensive. You can take a ferry or hydrofoil from Piraeus; not sure about an airport, but probably. A couple of yrs. ago I was planning a lg. family trip there, so I've done some of the homework, but it didn't work out. I've been to Mykonos, Santorini, and Crete; next time it will be Paros. It sounds great; have a wonderful time!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 10:10 AM
JoJo

Hi, just went to Paros a month ago. It was our least favorite island (of Santorini, Naxos & Paros). The beaches aren't that pretty (they're pebbly and water wasn't that warm), the people especially in Parikia and Naoussa, seem very tourist-tired -- our only bright spot was getting out of these towns and heading to Chrysti Akti ("Golden Beach") and finding a great place to stay for 20 Euro, right on the beach, family-run place called Amaryllis Hotel. This place was made great by the nice family that runs it, clean rooms, mini-fridge, all-day dining and beverages on a terraced patio. <BR>Was also close to Piso Livadi, a cute bay with nice authentic Greek tavernas and a great bar called Anchorage Bar.<BR><BR>Naoussa was WAY overpriced for drink or a meal and the bar/wait staff were not very friendly at all. Total tourist trap, in my opinion.<BR><BR>I would recommend going to Naxos instead, where the beaches are much better, the people more friendly, I can recommend where we stayed, also for 20 Euros per night w/ balcony. Was on Agios Prokopios beach, a very beautiful beach, place called "Golden Beach" run by 2 sisters and their father. Very, very nice people, it's a very clean room directly across from the beach, quiet and very cozy - we ended up spending 5 nights there instead of the 2 we had planned! <BR><BR>Skip Paros, it's done.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Sue

Wow, I'm glad for that info, too, only sorry to hear that it's "been done" before I got there!

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 11:11 AM
KP

Thank you both for the wealth of info!!!! Naxos here I come!!!