Another Paris hotel question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, my husband and I are going to Paris for four nights in October.

I've got it narrowed down to two hotels. Hotel de Noailles, rue de la Michodière, or the Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche, rue Saint Jacques .

I realize these are in different areas, and I'm torn. Trip advisor ranks Hotel Henri very high (top ten), but Noailles has a fitness room, which is a big plus to us. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 04:33 PM

i have never been in either hotel, but from experience of other hotels in europe, sometimes the FITNESS room is not as desireable as you would like..
the equipment is very basic, it is not well ventilated.. and not comparable to what you may be accustomed to or expecting.

it may not even be OPEN. i would go for the best location and nicest room in my price range and get my exercise elsewhere.

just my opinion...
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 06:57 PM

Get your exercise outdoors, on the metro stairs, through the parks, along the river, skip the Sacre Coeur funicular and take the steps, climb the Eiffel to 2nd level. No problem.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 07:14 PM

I suggest you choose the Henri IV Rive Gauche. The Latin Quarter is excellent and it's in close proximity to the Marais and St. Germain. Generally these areas are classically charming. The Noailles is not in what I would consider to be a very interesting area relatively speaking.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 08:05 PM

Trust me....with all of the walking and stair climbing you'll do, a fitness room is the last thing you need on a trip to Paris! I eat VERY well when I'm there, and always lose weight. In November, I lost 8 lbs! It's the perfect diet

Have a great trip!

Margy
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 03:14 AM
ira

Hi K,

I suggest the Henri IV.

As noted, you can always get your exercise by walking.

Old Feb 27th, 2006, 04:02 AM

<<Trust me....with all of the walking and stair climbing you'll do, a fitness room is the last thing you need on a trip to Paris>>

Not quite the same, not even close. A cardio workout in a gym is quite a different effect on the heart and burning calories as walking in Paris. Plus the OP might be referring to weight training equipment. If a gym is important, I would not let that be a deciding factor in choosing a hotel, as the OP might want to consider one of the Gymnase Clubs in Paris. You do not need to be a member and the daily fees are reasonable
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. Okay, so fitness room notwithstanding, which would be better, the Henri IV, or the Noailles? So of you have already said the Henri, anyone else want to weigh in?

Thanks again!