Another Hotel Request-Honfleur

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sister & I will be in Honfleur for about 3 nights in early Oct. We are looking for a really nice place to stay. Cost is not so much an object as is size and bathroom. Has anyone seen Hotel des Loges, or the "small house" the rent? Or have other suggestions? Thank you.
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:57 AM

Unless you won't have a car, the best place in Honfleur is Ferme St. Simeon. It's about a half mile to a mile or so from town. Relais and Chateau hotel with all the amenities and now I think even a spa.
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:07 AM

Hi ssdssi, we just returned fron France and while in Honfleur, stayed a Hotel Du Dauphin. The room, called "superior" was perfectly fine with a large, clean bathroom-in fact the whole place was spotless. The cost was 92€ for the room, 6,90€ each for a very good breakfast. The location is very central to everything and the staff was nice. Had trouble receiving the confirmation via e-mail so I called them for reassurance. The clerk, Sondrina was great to us and she assured me that our room was reserved, even though I coul not print the confirmation. Would highly recommend it. The location makes up for any size deficiency, it served the two of us quite well. Better to be right in the middle of everything than spend half your day walking to the sights.(and it was quiet) On another note,we had dinner at a recommended restaurant, La Tortue. The food was very good and if you are a smoker, maybe you could tolerate the atmosphere. We sat upstairs and just about choked at the thick smoke. If you should eat there, ask to be seated on the first floor, just in case all your fellow diners are smokers. Have a great trip. yy4me
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:29 AM

I must add my two cents' worth and recommend a restaurant, Le (or Au?) Bouillon Normand; it was recommended by the owners of the B nd B we stayed at. It is a small restaurant that serves "typical of the region" cuisine, and we had an excellent meal there just a couple of weeks ago. Reservations needed; we saw folks being turned away, and this on a Tuesday in early May.
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 12:35 PM

Another good Relais et Chateaux hotel near Honfleur is the Manoir du Butin.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:04 AM

Are you going by car? The Ferme St.
Simon is not convenient to the historic district by foot. Rooms there range from 150 euros to 570 euros, with the larger rooms in the upper range. I believe the best lodging euro for euro, and arguably the best lodging period, is the Cour St. Catherine, www.giaglis.com
a delightful bed and breakfast in the historic district, three minutes by foot from the Old Harbor. Room size is generous, the hosts are great and the price is about 80 euros per night.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:15 AM

Should have added that even if you have a car, there isvirtually no place to park one in the historic district. Driving from the Ferme St. Simeon, you would most likely have to park in the large public lot near the Old Harbor. From there the walk to the historic district, where most restaurants and shops, as well as sights are located, is longer than it is from the Court St. Catherine bed and breakfast, the Hotel Dauphin, or the Hotel des Loges.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:49 AM

The B and B that Dave mentions is where we stayed, and he knows that about which he speaks! It's a great little place with a perfect location, and the owners couldn't be more helpful!
Old Jun 5th, 2005, 01:25 PM
ds1

I stated at the Hotel des Loges for a few nights in March 2005 and will definitely return. I would say the rooms, including the bathrooms, are large by French standards. It's also in a perfect location, within a block or so of the harbor, and plenty of restaurants and shops.