Reload this Page >

Millesime Hotel - Paris

Search

Millesime Hotel - Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Sue

Millesime Hotel - Paris

I am considering the Millesime Hotel. Is this a good choice, or can I do better ? One review said it was like a Holiday Inn which does not appeal to me !

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 06:32 PM
pam

My family and I stayed there early this summer. The location is fabulous with easy access to everything and wonderful restaurants and cafes all over the place.<BR>Millesime is a "boutique" style hotel. If you are looking for alot of ammenities and outstanding service, this is not your type of place BUT:<BR>you will pay ALOT more for that type of hotel in the St. Germaine area.<BR> The Relais Christine is a beautiful hotel nearby which is where I would book next time (If I was lucky enough to return). The room at The Millesime was quite small but adequate.<BR>This hotel is clean, has a friendly staff and has 3 essential qualities:<BR>location,location and location.<BR>Have a great trip!

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Denyse

If you're not too concerned about your budget, you should try its sister hotel, the D'Aubusson, which is truly beautiful.<BR><BR>Denyse

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 03:14 AM
belinda

I stayed at the Millesime in late May. I found the staff very friendly, helpful, courteous and most spoke English. We stayed in a superior double room. Room was not spectacular but certainly adequate. No room service, but if you ask you can get coffee service. Also, there is a mini bar in the room. And an in-room safe. <BR><BR>The courtyard is very nice in the mornings. In the lobby there is a laptop computer you can rent for a nominal fee and have internet access. The breakfast in the lovely basement breakfast room is good but expensive. On the corner there is a cafe called Pre Aux Clerc where we ate most mornings. <BR><BR>This hotel's biggest plus for us was the location. Within walking distance of Notre Dame, Louvre and Musee d'Orsay.<BR><BR>Only misstep the hotel staff made was recommending a restaurant called Le Petite Cour (pardon the spelling errors). The restaurant was beautiful. Service was very good. But the food was decidedly average.<BR><BR>I'll be returning to Paris next May and plan to book at this hotel.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 03:41 AM
JOdy

We've stayed at several hotels in this area and lately have been returning to Millesime as our prefered choice. The staff, particulary Remy are wonderful , the rooms and bath very clean, beakfast room and courtyard charming. We always book the deluxe room so I don't know the size of standard rooms, but since most paris hotels are not purpose built the rooms are small!If you want to see small ,,the rooms at Relais Christine fit that description, too. <BR><BR>Like belinda, I can recommend Pre Aux clerc , I often stop there for a very early morning coffee before having breakfast at the hotel with my husband..who sleeps later than I do!Friends have eaten there and said it was quite good. The only time I have eaten there was 1 night when my husband was down with 'airplane flu" and I went there for an early dinner by myself. It was too early for dinner service so the waiter went to the kitchen and made me an omelet himself! Kindness is the best seasoning!<BR><BR>I was glad to read belinda's comment about Le Petit cour...it was written up in the summer issue of FRANCE magazine and we had planned on trying it this fall..guess we'll give it a pass now!